• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on the possibility of a trade back

Zod

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

As always with these QB prospects, the longer you start the more tape scouts have to pick apart your game. 

A lot of truth to this. All of takes is a down year for your team with your OL collapsing and all your weapons leaving and now all of a sudden all the questions are about you.

• Beer 1

In all fairness, if Ridder had come out last year the flaws would have been exposed at that time, despite his great season.  It's not like his game went from perfect to flawed in 12 months.  You can't hide that stuff once people start to look hard.

56 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Its gonna be a quarterback. Not sure how i feel about it, but thats my belief. 

I agree but I can also see them taking a Neal or Icky with the idea of trading back into the 1st round or acquiring a 2nd rounder for a QB. They could also do the same for Pickett @ #6 and trade future pick(s) for a chance to take Cross or Penning. The other option is just taking the best QB and signing Duane Brown or hoping Christensen makes a big leap @ LT. Either way, we have options despite the limited picks.

I have the sneaking feeling that someone will want to trade up for Sauce or Hamilton and 6 is a good starting point.

If Kayvon is there at 6 that means more than likely the top tackles are gone too which benefits the Panthers in a trade down as well. 

The draft is odd this year with prospects and such.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

In all fairness, if Ridder had come out last year the flaws would have been exposed at that time, despite his great season.  It's not like his game went from perfect to flawed in 12 months.  You can't hide that stuff once people start to look hard.

I agree, but think lots of coaches and GMs are willing to overlook that stuff when there is hype behind an “elite QB class”. When the class is looked down upon, then all of those little quirks get inflated to be fatal flaws. 

43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not really

Ok

4 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I have been saying for a while that the chances of Neal or Ekwonu being there at #6 are probably better than people realize. Cross almost certainly will be.

It’s entirely possible that Cross could still be there even after the Eagles picks at 15 and 16

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am getting so many mixed messages. 
We are getting a QB at 6. 
We are not getting a QB at 6 and trade back. 
We are getting the best LT or DE at 6. 
If we don’t get either a good LT or DE we are trading back. 
Likely if we trade back we won’t be getting any of the QBs they want. Likely the Falcons and Seahawks and maybe even the Lions will all select a QB. 
Trading back is fine as long as we can get some value out of gag pick. Even though I have never been a fan of trading back. 

Yes.

This is what will happen.