• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't have your headquarters that far away, especially not with the traffic on I-85 that's only going to keep getting worse.

Hmmm .. don’t see it a huge issue Spartanburg isn’t that far.. most transactions are via the internet.. just figured go somewhere who wants you.. I am sure Spartanburg would be receptive but Tepper has to be realistic.. not a lot of commerce in these areas.. he might need to adjust his wants 

11 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Hmmm .. don’t see it a huge issue Spartanburg isn’t that far.. most transactions are via the internet.. just figured go somewhere who wants you.. I am sure Spartanburg would be receptive but Tepper has to be realistic.. not a lot of commerce in these areas.. he might need to adjust his wants 

It's an hour and a half without traffic. You don't want your day to day office being an hour and a half from where you play. You kinda force your players and coaches to live halfway in between or closer to Spartanburg. A lot of players want to live in the city. You aren't commuting three hours everyday and that's without factoring in I-85 traffic. It's way too far away for a headquarters.

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's an hour and a half without traffic. You don't want your day to day office being an hour and a half from where you play. You kinda force your players and coaches to live halfway in between or closer to Spartanburg. A lot of players want to live in the city. You aren't commuting three hours everyday and that's without factoring in I-85 traffic. It's way too far away for a headquarters.

Gotcha.. I live in Newport News in Va.. same issue with traffic to Richmond.. just thinking of a city who might actually support the team since they want it in SC to show multi state support  

7 hours ago, saX man said:

Out of all the threads, this is the one rayzor should lock in his weird locking binge 

Maybe I'll give him some motivation...

Tepper should pay for his own fu<king facility. It's not like he doesn't have the money to do it. But, alas, it's the American way. Mis-leadership that the dumb and woefully ignorant keep putting into office are plutocrats who do the bidding of the oligarchs because it keeps these plutocrats in office. They do the bidding of the super rich (in hopes of becoming oligarchs themselves), and give the proletariat rhetoric steeped in divisive--sometimes racist--language that bespeaks of all these supposedly cultural and ideological differences that they prop up in order to ensure that the populace falls in line and keeps lining their pockets. We see it with subsidies to Big Petro, Big Pharma, and many other industries. Dumb Americans  in South Carolina indirectly support all kinds of gross giveaways to big business like Exxon, Monsanto, Haliburton and Amazon (to name a very slight few), yet decry David Tepper and the NFL for doing the same thing. This nation is run by hypocrites, yet stupid people continue to put them in office over and over and over again, because they can't see beyond a purposefully-fueled culture war that is a tool of manipulation to keep lining the pockets of the rich to the detriment of the average person.

Sure, Tepper strongarming Rock Hill is a problem, but he's just playing in a bigger game. The rules are the bigger issue, and until people wake up and stop playing the games of the Republicans and Democrats, this is how things are going to be.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The rules are the bigger issue, and until people wake up and stop playing the games of the Republicans and Democrats, this is how things are going to be.

You were doing well until this part. It should have been the games of the ultra wealthy instead of the political parties. The Rs and Ds are puppets for their corporate and ultra wealthy backers after all.

• Pie 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

I have the sneaking feeling that the land that Sabates was proposing for the new stadium for his ownership bid will be in play for the new HQ site…

Right at the state line but in Meck County….

Should have been the location all along. It is closer to Charlotte, but still in SC. There is plenty of land to develop in and is close to the interstate. Carowinds is in close proximity and could be included in any pitch for a larger entertainment presence that would include Tepperville.