• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers may now be hesitant to trade back...

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, stirs said:

Sets up great for the Panthers

slide back and pick up a fantastic OT while letting the Saints mortgage their entire future on some big chances at QB.

Then we pick up a guy in the 2nd with the extra pick and we are on our way.  Next year, when the Saints have no picks, is a much better year for QB anyway

The Saints wouldn't be mortgaging their entire future on a qb, they've signed Winston, so the rookie qb could sit and develop...

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Suddenly, an imperfect quarterback class — one that might’ve led to a more patient approach in the draft — might have just become the main draft storyline, with teams knowing they’ll almost certainly need to fend off the Saints to get their guy.

I always laugh when at the beginning of draft season, no qb is going high. Invariably they move up the draft charts. Can set your watch to it.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, KBRed said:

Unfortunately, Matt Rhule is playing for his job, and doesn’t care about next year. So, any chance of bettering our draft for next year, probably won’t happen. 

Not attacking you, but is Rhule making the decisions? I thought Fitterer makes those calls.

9 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I'm so OK with trading down. Probably would catch alot of flack, but could you imagine trading down to the mid to late 20's and picking up a 1st for a QB next year and maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year. Grab Green or Johnson to play guard and roll with BC at LT? Trading down for Penning is what I want to happen, but just thinking worst case here. Lets wait on a QB.

what i'm thinking...1st recover 2nd and 3rd...and next year 1st.

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Not attacking you, but is Rhule making the decisions? I thought Fitterer makes those calls.

Rhule got his choice at choosing the GM, and from my understanding, Rhule edges Fitterer. But, he could have a short leash if that is the case. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KBRed said:

Rhule got his choice at choosing the GM, and from my understanding, Rhule edges Fitterer. But, he could have a short leash if that is the case. 

10-4 i dont track that info, so have no idea. Yeah if Rhule has a say then we are getting Pickett. 

If Neal or Ekwonu are there at 6 then take them. If not, trade back. Howell, Ridder, and Strong are just as likely to be NFL qb's as Corral, Willis, and Pickett. This is a very unimpressive qb class. Not sure why everyone loves Fields. He is no better than Darnold.