• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe in Mr. Tepper..... these are growing pains.... great video about him

TheBigKat

I believe in David Tepper.... he wants to win and is willing to spend. He inherited a team that was out of gas, let's face it Cam was done, line was cooked, defense was old and moRON had run his course here with blank stares

Did he make a huge MISS with Rhule, he sure did and he is eating his crow for it

But the guy is not accepting of mediocrity and while he is eating crow two plates at a time, I do feel that he will be the best thing this franchise has ever had in terms of ownership and consistency model of excellence. 

You can blame him all you want about SC but at the end of the day what SC signed up for they aren't delivering, if anything it is he who has to eat all the costs of the development that he is walking away from.

when you watch this video about him, you will understand the hell he went through to get where he got and I highly doubt he is going to let sleazy SC politicians get the best of him. 

Want to watch the definition of bad ownership? Pay attention to MJ's cheap ass and how he is about to let Bridges walk and we waste the talents of players like LaMelo in mediocrity 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 15

I’d be happy to let David Tepper manage my retirement portfolio 

but just because you are good at something and made a poo ton of money at it….doesn’t mean you will be good at anything you just happen to choose to go do outside of your lane.  Some might.   But it isn’t some universal truth.  I know a couple brilliant people with more money than I could dream of….who are complete idiots when it comes to so many other avenues outside of their lanes.   As you noted….see Jordan.  A GOAT in many aspects of life.  You don’t need to search for a lesson in poor ownership when Tepper is your guy. 

I got no faith in Tepper in this world because everything he has touched has turned to poo and he has been a nonstop train wreck to date with all things Panthers.  Comically bad.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

I think it's more likely SC is dealing with a sleezy owner.  Did the city of Rock Hill run into some trouble because of COVID...sure.  I just think the Panthers being unwilling to be forgiving when it was obvious that COVID derailed a good bit of the plans temporarily is a bad play. The state of SC literally changed the state law to accommodate the Panthers. Now the Panthers run the risk of alienating a large amount of it's home fans. I know the NC elitist like to pretend that SC is inferior and no one likes the Panthers...but that is not true...both great states, both have a ton of Panther fans. 

ALSO Tepper didn't inherit a bad team. He bought a winning team only two years removed from the SB.  

So it's nice that you buy into a propaganda piece about the guy, but it looks to me like he is starting to sow the seeds for relocation.

SC literally tried to do the city of Charlotte a big favor that would also benefit both states...and you guys poo on them. Not you personally, but many on this forum

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

21 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Did he make a huge MISS with Rhule, he sure did and he is eating his crow for it

But the guy is not accepting of mediocrity and while he is eating crow two plates at a time, I do feel that he will be the best thing this franchise has ever had in terms of ownership and consistency model of excellence. 

He's not eating crow. He doubled down on a shitt sandwich. 

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

I believe in David Tepper.... he wants to win and is willing to spend. He inherited a team that was out of gas, let's face it Cam was done, line was cooked, defense was old and moRON had run his course here with blank stares

You can blame him all you want about SC but at the end of the day what SC signed up for they aren't delivering, if anything it is he who has to eat all the costs of the development that he is walking away from.

when you watch this video about him, you will understand the hell he went through to get where he got and I highly doubt he is going to let sleazy SC politicians get the best of him. 

Want to watch the definition of bad ownership? Pay attention to MJ's cheap ass and how he is about to let Bridges walk and we waste the talents of players like LaMelo in mediocrity 

So did dan snyder.