• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline doubles down: “Cross won’t fall past 6”

FuFuLamePoo

For the most part we have gotten good reports on what the panthers want to do at 6, as far as what they send to want at that spot. 

Lots of OT talk whether it be Cross, Neal, or Icky. Obviously that is ideal for us. I’m ready for Thursday to be here. Let’s get this line finished up and have it steady for the next 5 years. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

For the most part we have gotten good reports on what the panthers want to do at 6, as far as what they send to want at that spot. 

Lots of OT talk whether it be Cross, Neal, or Icky. Obviously that is ideal for us. I’m ready for Thursday to be here. Let’s get this line finished up and have it steady for the next 5 years. 

and #11 is a much more reasonable spot for a guard, and #13 for a center, were gonna be dominating so much TOP these next few seasons

hopefully the league changes the rules to structure playoff seeding by that kind of thing

12 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Cross is my #1 player in the draft. If we can manage to get him at #6 I'll be thrilled.

Cross has the best feet by far to play LT. Ikem, while a mauler, is very unpolished in pass protection. Neal is in the middle but lacks the mean streak you’d think a guy his size would have.

Cross, Neal and then Ikem for me.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Cross has the best feet by far to play LT. Ikem, while a mauler, is very unpolished in pass protection. Neal is in the middle but lacks the mean streak you’d think a guy his size would have.

I'm reversed. Ikem, Cross, Neal. I agree Cross is a better pass protector but we can't pass the ball very well and likely won't for a while longer. I'd prefer we just go straight maul, mean and nasty. With our defense and RBs we could win like that. Maybe add another downhill guy into the rotation and we'd have 2 finesse and 2 power backs to mix up. Backfield by committee and replacements for injuries to keep things running. Pun intended. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule

The Walter football guys compared Cross to Ronnie Stanley. I think out of the tackles the thought on Cross is he’s the most agile and while he may not be a great pass blocker that’s attributed to him needing to bulk up. Idt you’re going to go wrong with either him or Icky at 6. No matter what we should come out of this draft with a stud starting left tackle…..finally. 

42 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Agreed.

I'd have no problem with Neal or Ekwonu but Cross is by far my favorite.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

The Walter football guys compared Cross to Ronnie Stanley. I think out of the tackles the thought on Cross is he’s the most agile and while he may not be a great pass blocker that’s attributed to him needing to bulk up. Idt you’re going to go wrong with either him or Icky at 6. No matter what we should come out of this draft with a stud starting left tackle…..finally. 

Cross is a great pass blocker, the best in this class. It's the run blocking he needs to work on because they didn't do much of it. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about either of these guys. We are so used to poor LT play that whoever is our guy they'll look like a generational Hofer compared to what we're used to seeing. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, panther252 said:

Cross is a great pass blocker, the best in this class. It's the run blocking he needs to work on because they didn't do much of it. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about either of these guys. We are so used to poor LT play that whoever is our guy they'll look like a generational Hofer compared to what we're used to seeing. 

His age, frame and athleticism will allow him to add 20lbs of muscle easily.   Kid is a beast.  I rank them icky, cross then Neal.  Would be happy with either 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-news-and-rumors-saints-seahawks-and-steelers-to-all-take-first-round-qbs/

pauline seems confident he has a good pulse on what Carolina wants to do. He wrote again yesterday that Cross won’t fall past Carolina, and also hinted that plenty teams have him over Neal. We’ve also seen reports that there’s at least one team that has Cross as their top ranked player in the entire draft, there’s definitely a part of me that wonders if that could be us.

I somewhat suspected that Neal wasn't universally loved as a high caliber prospect. 

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt we spend a first or 2nd on the qb of the future without bring him in and evaluating his knee or interviewing him.   And please spare me the Wilson anecdote 

Who said 1st or 2nd?

We're talking 4th thru 6th round.