• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitt Says We're Done For Tonight, May Look to Move Back Up Tomorrow

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

He also said they would be completely fine if they walked away with the first two days being Ickey and CJ Henderson - because they view him as our third round pick this year.

Hopefully.  I just feel given the state of things they would always find a way into the 2nd to try to improve the morale of things via more players to promote to us.  

LT was a great pick.  But that probably only sells to us hardcore fans 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hopefully.  I just feel given the state of things they would always find a way into the 2nd to try to improve the morale of things via more players to promote to us.  

LT was a great pick.  But that probably only sells to us hardcore fans 

Agreed, but no doubt, QB has to be addressed regardless of how it plays to fans.  It doesn't have to be the draft, but I keep going back to Fitt's "keep trying until you hit" comment. I know that doesn't necessarily mean this year, but just something I keep in mind.

15 minutes ago, davos said:

I feel a soft Rhule pushout.  He's got his training wheels on, riding to colleges for new jobs.  

Just stay on plan.  If a guy falls late 2nd/early 3rd, that capital wouldn't be crazy.  Howell and a few others are all in play

Judging by these top 12 trades it's not costing much to jump back in. I know they don't want to trade future picks but if it's cheap enough tmrw F it. Or take a day two pick for Baker and pay half his contract depending on how the QB's go

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed, but no doubt, QB has to be addressed regardless of how it plays to fans.  It doesn't have to be the draft, but I keep going back to Fitt's "keep trying until you hit" comment. I know that doesn't necessarily mean this year, but just something I keep in mind.

Well, just lock our 2023 1st and 2nd round picks in a vault IMO.   Don’t trade those 2.  I like the QBs projected next year better.   If we naturally had picks  I’d be okay drafting one of these QBs. 

• Pie 2

This looks like a Fitterer pick. Completes the line rebuild. We may have gone from the worst to a top 10 line this year. They brought in Foreman to tote the rock and McAdoo thinks he has a system that Darnold can thrive in.  Perfect setup for whoever is the QB. No more excuses.

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

Don’t trade our 2023 picks to get it into the 2nd round.  Take a good day 1 and don’t taint it with a day 2 mortgaging our future picks.  You did good.   Keep it that way. 

Exactly. We scored big tonight. Keep it that way.

Edited by cookinbrak