• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 Pick 94: Panthers Select Matt Corral - QB Ole Miss

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Icdeadpeople said:

taller than Willis, but he not faster than Willis.

He's Drew Brees quick, but he want be able to run like he did in college in the NFL.

And I just rewatched his highlights, 

On two bad ankles...this scares me the most.

Willis isn't particularly fast. He's elusive and quick at breaking tackles, but he doesn't have top end speed. We don't know for sure becuase Willis wouldn't run the 40. But Simms is adamant that Corral is faster than Willis.

I think the floor for Corral is Trubisky, and he has the skills to be a lot better that Mitch if he puts it together. Is that ideal for us? Maybe not but its the best we can do in the 3rd round and he has the highest upside of any QB in the draft. If he fails or doesn't show anything... well we are likely taking one of the top 3 QB's next year and making the godfather trade offer up to a top 3 pick if we aren't picking top 3

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Corral has already been arrested for assault, public intoxication, resisting arrest, and exposing himself to an exhaust pipe at Coyote Joes

Then you have a checkers partner if he gets put in the 4 corners of your cell.

(kidding--I do not care what the doubters say)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

My favorite of this QB class. I was more a Willis fan early on, but the more I saw of Corral, the more I liked him. 

Best chance at a good long term QB we were going to have this year. I'm glad we took a shot and I'm glad it didn't cost more.

He's probably already better than Darnold, cheap, and if it doesn't work out its like next years 3rd and basically zero cap hit. Baker would have been a $30M a year never get you a Super Bowl investment. If you told me 3 days ago we'd get Corral for next years 3rd I woulda thought ur crazy

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

Interested to see the impression he gives off in the presser. He’s a cocky kid, good tools, grit on field. Anyone can grow and change so we’ll see. Not some major risk. So take the upside. 

That cocky part is what separates him from the rest, I think. It's almost Joe Burrowish...