• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 Pick 94: Panthers Select Matt Corral - QB Ole Miss

Ricky Spanish

I'm an Ole Miss fan so i've seen every game he has played in. Great kid who is great leader. His stats actually went down from sophomore to junior year, but he got his int's under control and played hurt a good part of the year. He got hurt because we relied on his running too much when we were in trouble.  I thought he  was the best qb prospect in the draft.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

I'm an Ole Miss fan so i've seen every game he has played in. Great kid who is great leader. His stats actually went down from sophomore to junior year, but he got his int's under control and played hurt a good part of the year. He got hurt because we relied on his running too much when we were in trouble.  I thought he  was the best qb prospect in the draft.

I too thought he was.

But I'm not a qb guru.

I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...or was that the bathroom floor.  

Either way alcohol was involved. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, DonPoas said:

This fellow could be our Delhommie Deux.  He is a leader of men and likely a helluva lot more intelligent than some of these Tarholes give him credit for.  He is an Aquarius, born on Jan 31.  He has the grit and fearlessness that Darnold lacks.  I fully believe he will develop into a great back up at the very least, but feel his future is much brighter than that.  If he stays healthy and learns the pro game, then the sky is the limit!

🤔

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You think he’s the athlete that Watson is? Also Watson is not a good play action QB, on the other hand Corral is.

I do see some similarities but quite a few differences as well. Obviously the RPO similarities are there but I don’t necessarily think Corral will be able to get around like Watson does.

Watson ran a 4.89 40.... 

I like him, I just wanted someone who could contribute earlier since Rhule's future is unkown. I'm afraid that since all the QBs this year are projects, the switching of coaching will only stump the growth of whoever we selected. Which is why I would've liked to help out either DL or OL or even TE. I'll just hope Corral can continue to improve despite the odds. 

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I like him, I just wanted someone who could contribute earlier since Rhule's future is unkown. I'm afraid that since all the QBs this year are projects, the switching of coaching will only stump the growth of whoever we selected. Which is why I would've liked to help out either DL or OL or even TE. I'll just hope Corral can continue to improve despite the odds. 

Rhules future is at least 3 more seasons as the Panthers head coach.