• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterers facial expression after saying Corral is "..the future of this team.."

Centerfield

28 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If it was truly a mistake then they don’t need to put McAdoo in front of the camera. I can see why Rhule would be upset… I mean he’s the HC. I just wouldn’t have made the comment he did in the interview about the whole respect thing.

They have to by league rules. They dont have a choice.

They met with him before the draft and told him they were probably taking a quarterback.

They openly pursued trade talks with the Browns about Baker Mayfield.

Where is anybody seeing evidence that they were trying to be discreet so as not to hurt Sam Darnold's feelings?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Who? The OP? Nah, he's that hardcore Cam fan numerologist wacko who predicted that Cam would win the Superbowl and MVP last year.

Oh no…OP is a clown.  Was saying Fitterer slipped up a little saying Corral is the future.  I mean Sam is still here and will be told to compete for the job

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Oh no…OP is a clown.  Was saying Fitterer slipped up a little saying Corral is the future.  I mean Sam is still here and will be told to compete for the job

Gotcha. Yeah, he knows..... everyone knows that Sam is not the QB we want to build around. I guess it was worth a shot, but it was a long shot, especially considering the damage that had been done in NYJ. He's basically David Carr.

Corrall definitely has potential and is coming from a good situation hopefully into a decent situation because of the improved OL and addition of MacAdoo. We'll see. He's got the tools needed to run a good offense. I think he'll do well enough.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I said a month or so ago that I wanted a LT but that if we did go QB I liked Corral the best. I did not want to take him at 6 and frankly didn’t think it would be possible to get both a blue chip LT and Corral in this draft without giving up way too much so I’m honestly thrilled with how this has played out.

That said, I think Corral will need some time and backing up Darnold for at least the first half of the season is likely in his best interest. So I don’t think Rhule will be hurting him by not playing him immediately. In an ideal world you would sit someone like Corral for the whole season this year but we need to get him out there at some point to figure out if we can move forward with him or need to target a QB in next years draft.

But I really do like the kid. I think he has a real shot at starting in this league. He still needs to develop but he’s got some attributes that I don’t feel any of the others had. And his quick release is special. 

You know after Darnold struggles, we'll get a couple of PJ Walker games before we throw Corral in there, probably before he's ready.