• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 6 Pick 189: Amaré Barno, EDGE, Virginia Tech

Icege

50 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The clip mentioned he was a linebacker and moved to DE.  Could we move him back to linebacker?

This is what I was thinking. With that speed and athleticism he wouldn't really need to put on weight to play linebacker. 

11 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

This is the pick I hate the most. Yeah he has speed but lacks technique. I feel like the players with good technique do better in the nfl then your players who are great physically.

I’m a big fan of length at the DE spot. I don’t know that there were better players available and I guess he’s new to the position so maybe technique can still be unlocked

Edited by Swaggasaurus

16 hours ago, Castavar said:

I'm just happy we're actually picking elite athletes with potential instead of players like Gaulden and Armanti Edwards.

Armanti won at least one game for us and did stay in pro football for a long time. 

This is the pick I dislike.

The guy has motor issues. He has technique issues he's worse than the Miller kid we got from Bama.

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Armanti won at least one game for us and did stay in pro football for a long time. 

This is the pick I dislike.

The guy has motor issues. He has technique issues he's worse than the Miller kid we got from Bama.

I mean I’d argue that he had one of the worst coaching staffs in all of power 5 football.

When I was watching Willis (Liberty) play Tech, Barno stood out quite a bit (which he should against G5 players).

He didn’t have the production that Marquise Haynes had in college but a lot of their flaws are similar… undersized, has no moves in package (only speed), non-factor in the run game, etc…

Personally I attribute his “motor” issues to just being on a downright horrible VT team the past two years. I don’t think he was in a great situation to be developed.

With his athleticism I think he gives Pasqualoni a lot to work with.

22 hours ago, Floppin said:

This is what I was thinking. With that speed and athleticism he wouldn't really need to put on weight to play linebacker. 

As he gets older he is naturally going to put on weight.. So I like the fact he will do it under the supervision of a pro staff..