• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday morning thoughts

Zod

As one of the OG Corral Homers on here, and still coming off of the high of last weekend, here's my bold prediction:

Corral is starting by week 1. Why? It's his swagger and mojo. It's going to infect this team. And then you'll see the improvements in his footwork and that arm in training camp is gonna have yall screaming "holy poo."

Darnold will be one of the best backups in the league this year. And next year he will be someone else's backup. 

I'm living and dying on the Matt Corral train. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he's going to electrify for a long long time.

• Pie 3

After watching actual Corral game tape from last season, they need to get him alot of time to develop down field accuracy. His short to medium game is fine, but he tends to over throw the deep ball. For him to be a NFL top ten in the future....got to get that deep threat to develop.

28 minutes ago, Jmac said:

After watching actual Corral game tape from last season, they need to get him alot of time to develop down field accuracy. His short to medium game is fine, but he tends to over throw the deep ball. For him to be a NFL top ten in the future....got to get that deep threat to develop.

Yeah, but at least he has the arm strength to work with. It would be way different if he was leaving them short or putting too much air under it trying to get it down field. 

Edited by Floppin

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Christian McCaffrey was the most exciting Panthers rookie since then. Luke Kuechly? I'm sure that there are more. 

Quarterback is not our problem. Offensive line play was our issue. So on that topic I'd say Icke is the most exciting since the Panthers left tackle has been hot garbage since Gross retired.

Worst starting QB in the NFL in back to back seasons yeah quarterback was not our problem lol.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Put him with nfl wrs and he will get that timing down.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

As one of the OG Corral Homers on here, and still coming off of the high of last weekend, here's my bold prediction:

Corral is starting by week 1. Why? It's his swagger and mojo. It's going to infect this team. And then you'll see the improvements in his footwork and that arm in training camp is gonna have yall screaming "holy poo."

Darnold will be one of the best backups in the league this year. And next year he will be someone else's backup. 

I'm living and dying on the Matt Corral train. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he's going to electrify for a long long time.

I said this in a different thread, but I like Corral's leadership ability over Darnold's already. If he's that much better then I hope they make the switch quickly. I'm just worried about who is going to be getting the #1 reps and who the hell is going to lead that QB room. They need a professional clipboard holder in there asap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

You're right, but I think it's just a timing issue.  He didn't attempt to throw a lot of deep balls in that offense (especially after Moore got drafted), so I think it's correctable.  As long as it's not a deep zone, overthrows are much safer than under...

1 minute ago, Thompcat said:

Does anyone know when all of the draftees will be introduced? I think in the past they have had them all in Charlotte and had pictures. At that same time they were shown with their new jersey 

Most likely later this week.  Excited for the introductory conferences.  Corral will be a fun watch.

8 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

The problem there is if Sam Dawnold manages to win a few games before getting exposed. Then we have a BC situation all over again with Corral. 

What if Coral starts then he ends up sucking then Darnold comes in after a few games and plays well? Doubt it happens but it’s always possible.

Corral needs to play this year. If not from week 1 then at least 2/3 of the season. We really need to have some idea of what we have with him so we know if QB is still a major need next offseason. Not saying he has to win OROY or anything, but we can't go into next offseason without having some idea of what we have.

• Pie 1