• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Told Y'all

On 5/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, davos said:

It is official.  We have it on the books.  Poster named CPcavedweller on the carolinahuddle.com website did NOT like Malik Willis, and wants to remind others who visit the website.  He is also putting his unyielding support behind Grayson McCall to become a great QB.  

Grayson McCall is already a great QB. He shattered the FBS Passer Efficiency Record in 2021 playing on a bum ankle and shoulder. Look him up.

8 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Willis still went before Corral. Who knows who the Panthers take if they are both there at 94. I am happy to have Matt, but will also be pulling for Malik. Time will tell how it goes. 

It would be hilarious if there ends up being multiple quality starting QBs out of this draft class while the rookie struggles of last year's historically great on paper class end up not just being rookie struggles. Groupthink is a real phenomenon.

• Pie 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:09 PM, tiger7_88 said:

Additionally, another Huddle “hot take” favorite, Carson Strong, didn’t even get drafted. If I remember correctly, some wanted to trade down in the 1st and take him with that lower 1st round pick.

Eagles got an absolute steal in Carson Strong. Corral is absolute steal. Those two were the most accurate young QBs in the draft. 

Both Strong(knee) and Corral(off field/injuries) were first round rated by most but injuries and off-field stuff set them back.

If they play anywhere close to their levels of accuracy in college they should both be good.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, CPcavedweller said:

I told you all that Willis was more than overrated. I said that he was probably a 4th round talent being hyped beyond recognition based on the easy competition he feasted on. In general, I'm fine taking G5 QB's but they better perform when they play the big guys. Malik Willis was not that guy. He absolutely crumbled against both Ole Miss and Louisiana this past season and was one of the worst QB's when under pressure in all of college football, by passer rating.

We dodged a bullet. We got a guy that is, in a way, reminiscent of Drew Brees and his quick release and short to intermediate accuracy. His mobility is similar to Darnold but hopefully his head isn't filled with ghosts because our offensive line is about to finally allow us to possibly make a playoff run this season. 

I still want Grayson McCall in 2023. He is going to be a stud, BOOOOOK IT.

Pie because I never believed the 5th year Pickett, Willis smokescreen.

Certain guys were first rounders until all of a sudden it's Pickett and Willis on top.

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Grayson McCall is already a great QB. He shattered the FBS Passer Efficiency Record in 2021 playing on a bum ankle and shoulder. Look him up.

Inference is NFL hence the draft comparison. He is not yet in the NFL CPdwellerofcaves

A note from the Seahawks...

Henderson is a Seahawks beat writer for ESPN.

Here's an excerpt about Willis (and others) from the Henderson article cited for the tweet:

Malik Willis was a popular mock pick for Seattle at No. 9 overall. The Seahawks passed on Willis four times before he was taken 86th overall -- feeling he was nowhere near NFL-ready, according to one source -- and didn't think enough of the other quarterbacks to take one with any of their nine selections.

"It's hard for rookies," general manager John Schneider said after the draft, explaining the decision to not take a quarterback and hinting at how lousy this year's QB class was. "It's very hard on rookies to come in here and [compete right away]. You have to have unique, unique qualities ... Continuously throughout the draft, it just didn't fall the right way for one reason or another.