• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney interest in playing close to home

ncfan

2 hours ago, unicar15 said:

He had 9 sacks last year matching Brian Burns best year ever and some of y’all wanna give Burns the bag but not sign Clowney? When Clowney is a primary edge setting DE? 

Clowney imo is a MUST sign for this team right now. The only concern I would have with him is health. But IF he’s healthy. He could legit be the best complete DE on the roster. Period. 

He isn't a "must sign." That's a ridiculous level of hyperbole. He might make us a better defense but it isn't going to succeed or fail on him being here.

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't a "must sign." That's a ridiculous level of hyperbole. He might make us a better defense but it isn't going to succeed or fail on him being here.

Arden Key was one of the best signings of last year. Key (pun intended) edge rusher for the niners and elevated their defense. He had three pressures in the win over Dallas in the playoffs. Not a stud. But could argue he’s the difference in games for a team that went from 6 wins to 10 wins and a playoff run. These signings matter. 

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The dude is so overrated. Even when he was with the texans with all those talented linemen he was pedestrian. 

Thank you. Made a couple highlight reel plays that went viral in college when in all honesty he isn’t any better than Mario Addison 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Clowned would be great. It would have to be a fit. I.E. in the plans for the defense. Honestly would love it solely to have someone out there to “set the edge” per say but something is telling me he either wants too much knowing the cap we have or we are waiting things out. It will be interesting to see how much cap we roll over next year. It will be telling if we think this year is all in, like we approached the begging of last year or if we are playing the long game. 

40 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

9 sacks is not average. Don't play stupid to try to make point that can be made without embarrassing yourself. There were only 5 DE with more sacks. That's a solid number.

He should have had more with teams focusing on Miles Garrett. 

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Arden Key was one of the best signings of last year. Key (pun intended) edge rusher for the niners and elevated their defense. He had three pressures in the win over Dallas in the playoffs. Not a stud. But could argue he’s the difference in games for a team that went from 6 wins to 10 wins and a playoff run. These signings matter. 

I think you are thinking we are a much better team than we actually are.

23 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Good point about Fitt being in SEA when they traded for him... forgot about that.  And considering how that turned out, it may be why we haven't heard of any interest coming from our side towards him, considering he has just been sitting out there available all this time and last I checked, the Browns had offered to him already.

All I can add is I did read that "browns clowney" didnt have the same negative press as his former teams. So Scott got a good loooong look at him, guess what..... they didnt even try to resign him and much like this year its taking him longer to find a team. Others hit on this too, panthers have the most cap space and he is like everyone in liking money. I thought failcons would make a offer at the start of FA......just like the draft all it takes is one team to over-pay. Plus he could be waiting for the browns to move baker, so they can offer more money too. I mean players that have the lazy rep, are in no hurries to sign cause OTAS, minicamp, lifting, etc...