• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Fitzpatrick retiring

Mr. Scot

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I like Minshew but I do wonder if he can ever match the legend the Huddle has made him. I'm as guilty of it as most but if he were really the second coming of Fitzmagic, he would probably have a LOT of interest.

He's still on his rookie contract, next year we'll see what teams really think about him. Not sure why the Jags gave him up for a 5th rounder, and I'm curious what we offered Philly last year. 41-12 TD/INT ratio and about 65% completion percentage through his starts. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's still on his rookie contract, next year we'll see what teams really think about him. Not sure why the Jags gave him up for a 5th rounder, and I'm curious what we offered Philly last year. 41-12 TD/INT ratio and about 65% completion percentage through his starts. 

Well the Jags FO is a complete disaster, so that could be why they got rid of him.

It will be interesting to see what the NFL thinks about him as a FA.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Somebody like Jacoby Brisset or Teddy Bridgewater will probably take the reigns as Captain Tank for a Draftpick 

He was never quite the "tank for draft picks" guy. He was the placeholder. More often than not it seemed like he went to a team that had an outside shot at the playoffs, but due to injury or poor roster management found themselves without a quality QB. He was Captain He's The Best We Can Do.

For that? Probably Jimmy G will end up in the journeymen QB for teams with a glimmer of hope role.

15 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

thats a hell of a career tbh he wipes his ass with dolla bills

I mean…He has a shitload of money, is obviously very smart, wouldn’t surprise me if he winds up with a better career in the booth or front office. It’s an extraordinary career honestly. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

He was never quite the "tank for draft picks" guy. He was the placeholder. More often than not it seemed like he went to a team that had an outside shot at the playoffs, but due to injury or poor roster management found themselves without a quality QB. He was Captain He's The Best We Can Do.

For that? Probably Jimmy G will end up in the journeymen QB for teams with a glimmer of hope role.

My point about Fitz was he was a capable NFL starter but if he was starter for a team it was because they were trying to suck and put up a front like they weren’t 

5 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

dude made over 80 mill, good for him

At least he showed up to earn his money unlike Sam Bradford.. he pulled the biggest QB heist ever with his big contracts and constantly being injured!

Edited by DamnItJake!