• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Care to give an example of a third rounder that sat and developed?  Cousins is the only one that comes to mind and that was a long time ago.  However I can think of Dak, Russell and Carr that were drafted in the 2nd or 3rd and could come in and play right off the bat.  If they can play they can play, sitting a qb is a strategy from yesteryear

We're still waiting on Jordan Love to develop...

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, trueblade said:

NFLN reporting a QB competition, so this isn't happening. If Darnold was going to the Browns, he would have been part of the trade.

With both Darnold and Baker in camp, there will be very few reps for Matt to develop.

They have all but given up on Sam.  Matt will get more reps as he earns them and now there is no hurry to get him on the field.  They would have rushed him out with Sam out there throwing picks.  

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You really think that?  If so see christenson, brady.

this staff is fuging clueless

They traded for a vet QB who is a proven starter because they know Sam isn't the guy.  Baker will start this season unless Corral can show he is ready.  It's McAdoo's new offense so Darnold has little to no advantage as far as the playbook is concerned.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They traded for a vet QB who is a proven starter because they know Sam isn't the guy.  Baker will start this season unless Corral can show he is ready.  It's McAdoo's new offense so Darnold has little to no advantage as far as the playbook is concerned.  

I don't even know why we're talking about corral. Sam will likely be the backup. 

It's like we're forgetting who Matt Rhule is.

Edited by Call Me James
  • Pie 1

I will try to be positive here and say that it’s a win-win situation. Baker plays which will allow Corral to ease his way into the NFL. I believe Fitterer made comments along the lines of not wanting to thrust a rookie QB into playing right away. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

So Baker ate 3.5 million to come here.  So much for not wanting Carolina.

We paid 5 mill and a conditional 2024 5th rounder.  He's an upgrade over Sam.  I guess we'll see how much.

Damn, that’s wild.  Not sure how much of it is “wanting to come here” vs “please get me the fug out of here” but either way it works out for us 

• Pie 3