• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Big props to GM finesssererererer for hoooooooollllllding firm on the deal. What a bargain- less than 5 mill for a 2024 4th or 5th?!??!?! gimmie that allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Day for a one year look at a young former 1st overall pick. Just like the CJ henderson, you take these types of super low risk, outer-space reward deals.

Sorry to my guys- @Jon Snow @rippadonn 

1656118256893.gif.9db2062e23d79cb571b3dde6b6f356fe.gif

@SizzleBuzz your radar was wrong again there champ!

This post will not age well. Buckle up buttercup.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

This post will not age well. Buckle up buttercup.

I mean realistically, even if Mayfield doesn't turn out to be great, it's not like we gave up a lot to get him.

Hell, we gave up less for Mayfield than we did for Sam Darnold or even Matt Corral.

• Pie 3

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I mean realistically, even if Mayfield doesn't turn out to be great, it's not like we gave up a lot to get him.

Hell, we gave up less for Mayfield than we did for Sam Darnold or even Matt Corral.

I'm just tired of them flailing seemingly having no direction or leadership in the FO, "no philosophy" is the philosophy. Optionality actually means throwing poo at the wall to see which turd sticks.

I'm tired of everybody else's garbage walking through here delaying the future.

Matt Corral brought hope for the future, optimism. Our new clothes have been put away and replaced with Goodwill clothes and shoes.

They will ruin Matt Corral, his desire, confidence. The kid knows he's better than they're treating him.

• Beer 1

Just now, Tr3ach said:

What is this worst case scenario that you're so certain of? 

He'll be exactly what he's been, taking up space when we already have what we need. Totally unnecessary and smells like somebody putting their "connections" into play. 

Connect with successful teams do what they do STOP trying to recycle bad Jets and Browns dang it.

He sucks. He won't be any better here than he was in Cleveland. Stop bringing in losers. 

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If I were Corral I'd want out of this circus. I'd be upset but I'd understand, totally.

Why?  He gets an opportunity to learn and grow with the team and learn the offense.  Perfect place for him.  This team has better leadership than this board gives them credit for.   We are going to win next season.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its not a bad deal but it doesnt do poo for the long term, what exactly does it accomplish for one year?

Listen to the podcast they break it down from all sides, pro/con long term short term

It saves Corral from getting killed year one and give him time to get ready.

If you truly believe Corral is the future of the franchise, this was the right move.