• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your excitement level now?

Zod

5 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

LOL...sorry Snow....

I was perfectly happy letting things play out with Darnold. It would reach its inevitable conclusion with another 5-10 season or worse. Tepper cleans house and we hopefully get someone else in here that knows how to coach an nfl team.  But noooooo...they have to trade for this douchenozzle and ruin everything. 

• Beer 2

CLE had a really good OL, and one of the best backfields in the league (Chubb / Hunt)

I will say their receiver situation was never great, OBJ was hard to read his time there from a casual perspective, Landry to me was never ''special'' just a high volume guy underneath with some shots deep to compliment, then after that some ''forgettable'' guys or at the very least not household names (Peoples-Jones / Higgins). 

I think we have a better set of receivers, and we have untapped potential at TE that we saw a flash of with Ian when Olsen went down in 2018. Our OL is improved and should be at least average, and our division overall is not as strong as the AFC North has been. 

So for now ''meh''. 

Im excited. Im watching the games regardless who the players are. Now we just got better and have a potential long term franchise QB. 

The win/loss record probably wont improve dramatically but If Baker balls out we dont need to use that high draft pick on a QB next year.

• Pie 1

Went from a 4 to a 6. From a, "Meh, I'll watch. It's football season," to I'm certifiably interested in watching week 1 and seeing how it plays out over the season. That's got to count as excitement. Pre-Draft/FA I was a 3. If we'd traded for Watson, I literally wouldn't have bothered to tune in.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think we traded for somebody.

Probably not a big deal 😕

I think it's going to create some drama at the very least. The drama won't be immediate, but somewhere down the road, we're in for a soap opera.

I honestly don't know how I feel about the trade and all of the potential implications, or just simply the dynamics, but hopefully true competition will raise the level of the room, and not be an outlet for coaches to become complacent and default to certain players in the long term simply because they are here.