• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McAdoo now gets to work with TWO quarterbacks he wasn't high on four years ago.

rayzor

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

...and one that he was very high on this year.

He "didn't see a lot of pro style football" from Baker's tape in the first line of his analysis, but he loved Corral?  I found that kind of interesting.  The being very high on Corral could be him trying to hype up his rookie QB.  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He "didn't see a lot of pro style football" from Baker's tape in the first line of his analysis, but he loved Corral?  I found that kind of interesting.  The being very high on Corral could be him trying to hype up his rookie QB.  

The comments made in Panthers Confidential all came before Corral was a Panther, though.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

True, but he probably had nice things to say about all the prospects.  The negative ones won't get aired...

The positive ones were pretty positive though.

As far as the others, I'll grant that it doesn't do a whole lot of good from the team's perspective to talk about guys that aren't Panthers (heck, the rules might not even permit it beyond a certain level).

It's just interesting to us guys that want to know all the details 😆

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

This goes to show that actual quarterback performance  in the NFL doesn't always reflect how a QB does in college or is dependent solely on their physical attributes. Sounds like McAdoo needs to stay OC and leave the college prospect analysis to others. But what does he honestly think now?? Unlikely to know with all the coach speak that fans gobble up like the truth. But Baker has been to the playoffs and can deliver under pressure. Healthy he is a real asset. I think his ignominious  retreat from the Brown may give him some humility.  I said we are going to make some noise this year and with Baker we have it.  This might even challenge Darnold given he has never been seriously challenged to be the starter over his short career.

If anything this reflects Mcadoo is actually a pretty good scout, nailed the first two guys who were by no means consensus.

• Pie 1

Can’t be the first time he’s coaching a player that did not have ideal tools.   When such things happen in the workplace there are often lamentations but at the end of the day everyone realizes they need to do their fuuking job.   Sometimes it means molding clay and sometimes making chicken salad out of chicken poo but I think Coach is up to the task