• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby/ie should be cut before Week 1

davos

25 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

hes definitely big mouth no action... contract has us trapped...

It was a horrible contract for sure. Wouldn't have mattered last year if he was here either way and now we have like 15 WR's on the squad. Baker is gonna want/need Higgins on the field especially early in the year with not much offseason time to acclimate to everyone

43 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's speculative but you can get the sense they would definitely listen if there were offers. They are putting out hype pieces for Terrace Marshall Jr too. But the more often Robbie makes himself a public story the less likely any team is going to be inclined to inquire about his services.

Apparently we’ve been trying to since the draft.  vs It's speculative

That's a broad difference in statement. I will accep the latter, but the former proof would be nice.

I think the TMJ puff piece was going to happen regardless of any hypothetical scenario around RA getting traded. TMJ was the standout at our mini-camp, the articles was due to his performance... and it's highly possible that is a contributor this year in the slot (fingers crossed). 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Apparently we’ve been trying to since the draft.  vs It's speculative

That's a broad difference in statement. I will accep the latter, but the former proof would be nice.

I think the TMJ puff piece was going to happen regardless of any hypothetical scenario around RA getting traded. TMJ was the standout at our mini-camp, the articles was due to his performance... and it's highly possible that is a contributor this year in the slot (fingers crossed). 

Stands to reason they would love for their 2nd round pick to take the next step sooner rather than later. It sure would have been nice to activate him more to see what he might have been able to offer last season.

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Contract was so stupid. He tailed off hard after a hot start and had an entire year left on his deal. We forced his extension and Sam’s fifth year before it was necessary. We are now paying for both. Would have been better having the extra $40M to spend elsewhere.

Hopefully they learned something...and I think they did with Mayfield.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would definitely shoot for whatever I could get for him in a trade before cutting him.

...can't cut him...we're stuck with him...maybe he gets a bug up his azz and actually produces but I'm not holding my breath...ya feel me?

2 hours ago, davos said:

I don’t believe I’ve seen such an ineffective player cause such a continuous distraction whether it’s a facepalm, head-scratch worthy, or just downright weird toxic behavior. 

He carries himself like an absolute imbecile, continuously incoherent, and can’t manage to just shut up.

If it was true we tried moving him a few times this offseason, I’d like to see us straight up cut him before the season starts. If he isn’t worth anything to anyone else, and only causing distractions when we have 2 new QBs (one of which he has this weirdness with already) it’s time to go.

I don’t want this guy influencing TMJ, Shi, Corral, anyone. Get him out of here. It shouldn’t take to the end of Rhule’s tenure.

Again, it’s his final year just like Darnold. They’re on the books no matter what. I say just cut them both, get some new energy in the QB and WR rooms if you want to have this offense reset with McAdoo and Baker. 

Wether you look like him or not, Robbie is a good speedy, experienced WR that can contribute to the team. There is no reason to flat out cut him and still pay him. 

• Poo 1

He costs us almost $20M to cut this year.  Right now, he's our best deep threat (the fact that he has trouble catching the ball aside).  While its true that we have a lot of WRs on the roster, we have no idea how many we have that are worth a roster spot. 

If somebody wants to trade something for him, great.  Otherwise, let's see whether Robbie or Robby (or maybe Robbee) shows up this year and deal with it after the season.  Like Darnold, we got ourselves into this, let's not compound it by cutting off our nose to spite our face.

I'd be more tolerant of his constant drivel if he was actually productive, but right not it is basically just a sideshow.  Let's not do anything (else) stupid unless it becomes an actual problem.  Besides, at this point everybody should know his relationship with sanity is pretty casual.