• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is anyone not gonna mention Murray?

top dawg

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Now we see the problem with having a top 15-20 type QB who thinks he is better than what he actually is. 

Cardinals just paid like Murray like he is a Rodgers/Manning/Brady level QB when he is just an average starter. 

Don’t be suprised when he wins MVP someday, he is so much more then an average starter. Kids a baller.

• Pie 1

He is better than average but he is not Rodgers better level…not as close as his money makes him seem. 

At what point do these QBs start to think what kind of team they’re going to be surrounded with by eating that much cap, and take less to win more games? I know Brady did it but it’s extremely rare.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

He is better than average but he is not Rodgers better level…not as close as his money makes him seem. 

At what point do these QBs start to think what kind of team they’re going to be surrounded with by eating that much cap, and take less to win more games? I know Brady did it but it’s extremely rare.

Brady is the only qb I know who's wife's net worth makes his look like a joke. If my wife was worth 500+ million dollars I'd play for league minimum if my goal was superbowls

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, shaq said:

Kyler is a fantastic QB, not surprised he got paid. Anyone thinking another team wouldn’t give him the same exact contract is stuck in the past these young franchise QBS get PAID. Imagine giving up 3 first round picks for Watson, then paying him the most guaranteed money in the history of the NFL, while not even knowing if he’s getting an indefinite suspension…beggars can’t be choosers and NFL teams can’t win poo without a good QB, im suprised the huddle hasn’t realized that already with us picking top 10 yearly even with our talented roster.

I see you think Kyler is better than he is too. He took his team to one playoff game and looked abysmal, the guy does not study film and he is severely undersized. 

If you think paying that guy like an elite QB is good idea more power to you. 

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

Am I mistaken, wasnt there a report that Murray didnt care about watching tape and was quoted as " I just wing it on the field"? I'd hate to commit this type of coin to that.... 

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/30/qb-trace-mcsorley-says-kyler-murray-sees-the-game-in-a-way-many-cant/

That wasn't exactly it. He is basically saying he doesn't need as much time as most QB's because of how well he processes/retains the information. Perhaps that is true.

Even still....I am not sure I am putting Kyler Murray as a top 5 QB in the NFL and that is how he is getting paid.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Well, that depends on how much the cap skyrockets. It's projected to go up tremendously when the new TV deal money hits. So, that being the case, these contracts may not seem big at all in 5 years. Especially when compared to the cap.

These contracts are a bet on the future cap going up a LOT.

8 hours ago, shaq said:

Kyler is a fantastic QB, not surprised he got paid. Anyone thinking another team wouldn’t give him the same exact contract is stuck in the past these young franchise QBS get PAID. Imagine giving up 3 first round picks for Watson, then paying him the most guaranteed money in the history of the NFL, while not even knowing if he’s getting an indefinite suspension…beggars can’t be choosers and NFL teams can’t win poo without a good QB, im suprised the huddle hasn’t realized that already with us picking top 10 yearly even with our talented roster.

what tier QB is Kyler Murray though? I think that is a debatable question.  I personally think he and Baker Mayfield aren't that far apart to date. 

I think Murray is talented.  Not sure how good he really is. 

• Beer 3