• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral regrets Ole Miss

Green-Ghost

7 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

I understand his reasoning.  However, why not keep it to yourself?  As a former Ole Miss Alumni, I am disappointed.  I know several Ole Miss Alumni who are Panther fans.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/panthers/2022/07/27/carolina-panthers-qb-matt-corral-admits-regret-choosing-ole-miss/10161035002/

As an Ole Miss alumni, I am sure you watched a lot of Corral... What is your honest opinion of him? Do you believe we will need to draft a QB next year or can he be a franchise guy?

• Pie 1

Bama wanted him, sure he was like na I may not get to play much. So I get what he was saying. If he went to Bama and played well(even tho he was still SEC) he would have been a 1st rnd guy no doubt. Probably the real reason he said what he did.

I'm guessing the quote was taken out of context.  He simply said he would have gone somewhere (hindsight) that had a QB competition.  My guess is this quote was a response to the competition with Darnold and Baker for the starting job. This is a nothing article. 

23 hours ago, davos said:

Entirely misleading article title from crap publication.

*He regrets the decision being based on not having to compete for a spot.  Likes having to earn it, thriving off competition.  

Hey @rippadonn, even Corral wants to have to put in the work instead of being handed the reigns. Back up what a lot of us have said and supports your opinion on his work ethic / maturity.

• Flames 1

On 7/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, Jared Patterson said:

As an Ole Miss alumni, I am sure you watched a lot of Corral... What is your honest opinion of him? Do you believe we will need to draft a QB next year or can he be a franchise guy?

I think Ole Miss is not at the level of Alabama, Texas A&M, ETC. That being said,  I think Ole Miss can beat any team in the SEC on a given day.  I Watched just about every football game since then, there were three quarterbacks, I thought were really good: Eli Manning, Chad Kelly and Matt Corral. 

All three quarterbacks were very talented. They Delivered the football with terrific accuracy and precision. There is no question in my mind that Matt Corral can be a superstar,  if he has a good personality.  Obviously as an old miss graduate I am biased, however my point in my post was an attempt to be unbiased.

Eli Manning was obviously very talented, he went on to win two Super Bowls for the New York Giants. Chad Kelly could have been a superstar if he had kept his head straight. He had personal problems that kept him from being successful in the NFL.

My concern with Matt now is, is he going to talk bad about other schools and other players. I don’t think trashing former schools, players or any organization is a good idea. It leads to hard feelings among players schools etc. I just feel like the statement regarding Ole Miss was or is a red flag.

I actually agree with Matt here. He does make a good point. However, I think he should have kept it to himself and not made it public. Why would you disappoint future team leaders etc. They may be mats boss one day, who knows.

24 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

My concern with Matt now is, is he going to talk bad about other schools and other players.

only that's not what he was doing. didn't have anything to do with Ole Miss. it has everything to do with him wishing that he had competed for a job instead of switching schools so he could plug right into one. 

• Pie 1