• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release first depth chart

Jackie Lee

So, no QB who can produce GWD, no WR who can come up clutch and break a game open, no dependable TE, no reliable RB to rotate in for CMC, no solution at LT, no solution at C, Michael Jordan continuing to fail as a starter at guard, a DL that can't stop the run, only 1 LB worth starting, no LBs who can fill holes, Chinn out of position, unreliable SS, the hope squad at CB, not a single draft pick is standing out, no one is good at blitzing the QB, and not a single defender who has proven they can produce turnovers and threaten an offense.

Positives: CMC is a go to threat, DJ Moore can show flashes when covered one on one, lots of good coverage options on defense, and one top pass rusher.

Looks like an easy week for opposing coaches to game plan. Focus defense on CMC, role coverage to DJ, and load up on runs and screens to Brian Burns side. Challenge everyone not named CMC or DJ to beat them one on one, and make the Panthers prove they can consistently stop the run and the screen passes with negative yardage plays or turnovers. Save the big offensive plays and playbook if the game is close in the late 3rd quarter and the opposing team is trailing. Otherwise just play field position for 3 quarters.

That will about sum up the season with what the Panthers have put together with the offseason, draft, and camp. Maybe 4 wins this year I'd go to 7 wins if CMC stays healthy and has a record breaking year.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Two deals I took away besides the cowardness of having one name- The DE/edge room my god its the scariest group. One snap away form starting 235 LB Haynes or "i didnt get a game jersey" johnson...... the other Sean Chandler as 2nd team safety. Terrible, couple good safeties are going to get cut. Id move Sam Franklin to LB lastly as well. 

Built up the o-line now the d-line looks like a weakness along with LBers. We could be giving up huge ypg on the ground.

Bozeman probably has to b a 2nd so him and Baker can get chemistry. 

Chinn actually played alot of Safety his rookie year also.. I think the snap count was something like 51% LB - 49% S. I dont recall if he was SS or FS but I do remember looking at the count and being surprised at how it was brokedown. I do wish he was placed at SS. 

I like Luvu starting ... that should help our run defense. 

The Dline is underwhelming "on paper".

Burns, Brown, and YGM should all be improved from last year(hopefully) and I'm still holding out hope that Brown and YGM can have a Greg Hardy/KK-esque 3rd year leap. 

I've been doing my DD on Ioannidis.. Up until tonight I thought our scouting dept had been using there resources to find us this gem...and he very well might be. He looks pretty good at pushing the interior (in a limited action role). But I gotta admit I was little surprised to see he went to school at Temple. Although I really shouldn't have been. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Bozeman probably has to b a 2nd so him and Baker can get chemistry. 

Chinn actually played alot of Safety his rookie year also.. I think the snap count was something like 51% LB - 49% S. I dont recall if he was SS or FS but I do remember looking at the count and being surprised at how it was brokedown. I do wish he was placed at SS. 

I like Luvu starting ... that should help our run defense. 

The Dline is underwhelming "on paper".

Burns, Brown, and YGM should all be improved from last year(hopefully) and I'm still holding out hope that Brown and YGM can have a Greg Hardy/KK-esque 3rd year leap. 

I've been doing my DD on Ioannidis.. Up until tonight I thought our scouting dept had been using there resources to find us this gem...and he very well might be. He looks pretty good at pushing the interior (in a limited action role). But I gotta admit I was little surprised to see he went to school at Temple. Although I really shouldn't have been. 

If Brown and YGM can actually make an impact that would be great. Biggest concern is the depth instantly turns into undersized Jags. Gotta pick up at least a couple bigger bodies or else we're getting ran on 30 times a game losing the time of posession. Panthers always playing Whac-a-mole with weaknesses