• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Generally speaking, a fourth quarterback is a camp body that you only have in camp to spread the load around so that the first few you're actually concentrating on don't get tired.

Only NFL team that drafted a QB carrying 4 is Pitt.   And they drafted 2.  

Sam, Baker and Matt are all young.  Given Corral is developmental, I don’t think there is a worry about overusing his arm at the 3rd spot. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Corral was not ready to play---this is what happens.  And yes, a bad OL and unfamiliar WRs/TEs can make you look terrible.   We were not getting a lot of pressure on Howell, and he probably gets more reps in practice--which explains the difference.

Not being ready to play is not indicative of the personnel surrounding him. The only execuse is lack of reps. The OL being bad doesn't help the situation. But at the same time Good QBs make plays no matter the situation they are in. They don't panic. They just find ways to make it happen.

Out of any position on the field that execuses can be made for, QB is not one of them. That is the leader of the offense..spot light is on you. You stink it up. You take the blame regardless if the guy dropped a pass or missed a block. And that's the way Corrall sees it, and that's the way we should see it. 

But Rhule needs to get his head out of his ass. BC splitting Reps with 4QBs is going to come back and bite him. Now is the time to make a cut. And if you cut your 3rd round pick for PJ(although PJ is not bad, and I actually think he's done well enough to find a place in this league) you look even more of fool. I'm not liking this head coach. He consistently makes bad decisions himself.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s pretty well stated he wasn’t going to be ready this year. He has all year to figure it out (it’s why we traded for Baker). We just need to ditch Sam or PJ. It’s hard to manage/develop 4 QBs…

Does he?

What if we get hit with injuries?

Man, y'all need to stop hyping cats up just because you want a good QB.  I don't want to hear nothing about playing with offensive line guys who aren't going to be on an NFL roster.  He was playing against defensive scrubs as well.  The truth is, Corral right now sucks, and it will probably take years before he looks like a decent QB, if ever.  Thankfully, we don't have to fool around with such time tables.  If Mayfield has a good year, he will be our QB going forward.  If he sucks and the team sucks, we draft a real QB next year.  That was always the plan in my mind.

Edited by Matthias
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's treating Corral more like a college freshman than a rookie NFL player, while at the same time seeming to act as if he's got all the time me in the world to develop him.

My biggest beef is still that reps which have been devoted to an unnecessary "competition" and to a quarterback we're not going to keep could have been used to help Corral adjust and learn.

I get the frustration with the rep scheme, I think Rhule is trying to outsmart himself with building trade value for players. I honestly could see him having the ego to get PJ traded somewhere to be the backup 

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I get the frustration with the rep scheme, I think Rhule is trying to outsmart himself with building trade value for players. I honestly could see him having the ego to get PJ traded somewhere to be the backup 

If Rhule is doing all of this for trade value for PJ and/or sam then he is dumber then I initially thought.   Nobody is trading for either player, it just isnt going to happen.   Its almost like he has never paid attention to the NFL before he came here.   I cannot wait for tepper to can his ass and we get a legit NFL offensive mind who knows how to develop players

2 hours ago, Fan01 said:

Run that tape back and watch LT, #67 Wyatt Miller.  The DE was past him on every snap before he even came out of his stance.  

Rhule playing Walker over Corral is just another joke on us in a long list.

They are playing Walker so he can get tape and get picked up. Treating a good soldier right keeps locker room tight. Corral is not going anywhere.  Including PS

• Pie 2