• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

To me he looks like one of the many hundreds of good to great college QBs that won’t cut it for long in the NFL. He’s inaccurate and jumpy. Even when he has time to throw its way off target. Should be on the PS or IR this season. If he actually had to start a game, I’d be expecting Kyle Allen level play on a good day. 

Personally, I think they got this evaluation wrong and should have gone after Howell. But we have what we have. Luckily he doesn't have to be ready today, he can learn on the bench for a year or, provided Baker "balls out", as they say, it won't matter cause we will extend him.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I just skimmed through the last drive he had and I don't see any glaring footage of him getting injured. Did they even mention it live or did PJ just magically appear the next drive?

Yeah they mentioned it live. They said he limped off the field after the play.

• Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Looks like he rolled his ankle more than got stepped on, this O-line though..What could anyone do behind that in your own end zone?

But that's our savior Deonte Brown?!?!?

Brown fuging sucks. I hope people finally open their eyes to that. He played fat and weak on almost every snap. He was just getting ass planted like a tackling dummy every play almost.

All I can say is not to panic.  I have no idea whether Corral will turn out to be a starting NFL QB or not, but there has been no plan (or at least any implementation of a plan) to bring him along as of yet.  All this falls under those nasty words, what did we think was going to happen?

At this point, the goal should probably be to advance his development to a solid backup/#2 on the depth chart.  From there we can figure out what to do with Mayfield when his contract runs out at the end of the year and what to do in the draft.  Going into the offseason, we need to (finally) have a plan for the QB position.  Especially heading into what is supposed to be a QB-rich draft.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve watched Mahomes and Cam try to get rid of balls on sacks that result in fumbles. I guess they aren’t/weren’t NFL QBs. A rookie with no reps, no time, and no weapons that create separation was confused and frantic? No way. 

you just compared Corral to Mahomes and Newton. lmao.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

you just compared Corral to Mahomes and Newton. lmao.

You brought up the “throwing while being sacked” as indicating that he doesn’t have it. It’s only logical that we would point out the fallacy because almost every franchise QB has done that on occasion.