• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Expected to Start Tonight

Proudiddy

PFT reporting that PJ will play the 1st and 3rd quarters, Corral will play the 2nd and 4th.

UPDATE 11:28 a.m. ET: The Panthers announced Walker will play the first and third quarters with Corral running the offense in the second and fourth quarters."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/19/report-p-j-walker-is-expected-to-start-at-qb-for-panthers-friday-night/

Edited by Raleigh PF
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Raleigh PF said:

PFT reporting that PJ will play the 1st and 3rd quarters, Corral will play the 2nd and 4th.

UPDATE 11:28 a.m. ET: The Panthers announced Walker will play the first and third quarters with Corral running the offense in the second and fourth quarters."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/19/report-p-j-walker-is-expected-to-start-at-qb-for-panthers-friday-night/

this is good !

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

So if the plan is to trade Sam and keep PJ as QB wouldn’t it make the most sense to start PJ tonight?

Giving PJ all those reps last week makes sense now too no?

I think PJ will be the backup this year.

This is what I think as well. Darnold will be traded or cut at the 53. Mayfield, PJ, Corral will be our QB room, and I'm okay with that. QB competition needs to be already over and Darnolds reps should go down to nearly nothing.

Unlike Macadoo, I keep my crystal ball on me at all times. 😁

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

As I've stated repeatedly, I think PJ is actually the second best QB in this roster currently.  I like PJ.  Buy I just don't understand the logic behind this. Whether you are like me and think we should cut Darnold and PJ should be the backup, or of you think PJ is the odd man out at the final cuts, it doesn't make sense in either scenario.  

Don't get me wrong, Matt looked like a deer in headlights in game one, and a really scared one at that.  He looked overwhelmed.  But, I've made it a point to emphasize, that's partly a product of not getting reps in practice/preseason games, and being surrounded by mostly roster filler in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.  So, despite how bad he looked, I would like to see him with some NFL level talent around him for an extended amount of time.  Even of he gets the 2nd half tonight, it's still gonna be with mostly roster fodder and future cuts.  And this brings us back to why the reps they're wasting on Darnold are so important.

Sorry, dude. Walker is just not that good, especially in the red zone.

He can look half decent (sometimes) when there's plenty of space to work with, but once the field shortens it's pretty bad.

He's not an NFL quarterback.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't see it but I am here for the unreal chaos it would create.

Yeah, I've said before that for me that falls under the category of "He's dumb, but he's not that dumb".

(acknowledging that this kind of statement sometimes ends with a really unfortunate result) 😕

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This is what I think as well. Darnold will be traded or cut at the 53. Mayfield, PJ, Corral will be our QB room, and I'm okay with that. QB competition needs to be already over and Darnolds reps should go down to nearly nothing.

Unlike Macadoo, I keep my crystal ball on me at all times. 😁

Sam isn't going anywhere.  He is the biggest cap hit on our roster.

And you really can't cut him and keep PJ and Corral.  Because it just highlights what a complete mess our front office is on talent evaluation and contracts.   Keep Sam and you can at least argue that well, Baker was a steal and slightly better.  Cut Sam and you just are forced to admit you probably shouldn't be in charge of a NFL team IMO. 

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would not say that just yet. 

Yeah the fact that they keep giving PJ a ton of playing time has me worried we are gonna go into the season with 4 QBs, which is unheard of, or do something really stupid with Corral. 
This whole off-season QB crap has reeked of the kicker battle when Hurney was our GM and we started the season with 2 kickers on our roster because of Hurney’s indecision. 

• Beer 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah the fact that they keep giving PJ a ton of playing time has me worried we are gonna go into the season with 4 QBs, which is unheard of, or do something really stupid with Corral. 
This whole off-season QB crap has reeked of the kicker battle when Hurney was our GM and we started the season with 2 kickers on our roster because of Hurney’s indecision. 

I seriously doubt they will keep 4 on the 53. Someone is getting cut between Sam and PJ. 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Trying to crush the rookie's spirit. What is Matt Rhule actually "teaching" Matt Corral? You ain't sh*t with your fancy skill set and circus accuracy.

This is the absolute worst situation a rookie could be in. 

Tepper needs to man up and fire this guy now. Let McAdoo and Snow figure it out. This is worse than Seifert and is showing no signs of improvement.

This coach is making mistake after mistake after mistake.

Tepper is soft. Jerry would have put this joker out on his ass already.

Today, not challenging your starters, disgraceful. That's not football.

You know what will crush the rookie's spirit (and ribcage)?  Starting him against the Patriots' 1st string d-line with our back-up o-line lol.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1