• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0-3. Is the leash that short?

RumHam

There are only 2 outcomes to reach for... SB and Dynasty.

If you are okay with anything else, then stop trading players/pciks, complaining about players/coaches, wanting the top players, caring about 1st round draft picks, and talking about making the playoffs.

Rhule is a serious long shot to win a SB. I've pointed out before that SB winning coaches find their QBs and defensive leaders in the first 2 seasons, and most produce winning records in their first season.

The rare exception is a coach who has 2 consecutive losing seasons, and only 3 coaches have had more than 2 losing seasons before turning their team into a consistent winner and a SB champion. Those 3 rare exceptions had their losing seasons in the 60s.

This fan base went from expecting a winning season every year to accepting consecutive losing seasons for the sake of progress.

SB winning coaches don't keep rattling off losses for multiple seasons when hired, and SB winning players/leaders don't take 3 to 4 years to develop before they make an impact. You want players who develop while they win and come up with clutch moments in games in year 1 and year 2.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This thread is ridiculous considering the knee jerk sentiment from a pre season game with exactly two starters playing.

Its not about one preseason game, obviously. Its s culmination of the past coupled with the awful decision making from training camp until now. This team does not feel prepared to compete because reps have been spread thin. Him and mcadoo already butting heads. I blame him for the corral injury. Pj shouldn't be here at all. Playing politics for the starter position 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Its not about one preseason game, obviously. Its s culmination of the past coupled with the awful decision making from training camp until now. This team does not feel prepared to compete because reps have been spread thin. Him and mcadoo already butting heads. I blame him for the corral injury. Pj shouldn't be here at all. Playing politics for the starter position 

Blame all you want Corral was never gonna be a rookie savior.... Think what you want about Rhule Mayfield ect... This board is insane with the writing off of the season before a down that matters is even played and seems to be obsessed with ROOTING for failure.

I'll pass on that and hope for the best while quietly not expecting anything.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Miles Garrets and company going to eat…. Browns going to have atleast 6 sacks first game… money..

If we’re smart we will run the ball at a high clip to protect Ickey and Baker and plan for quick throws early in the game. Then take some shots as the defensive line gets a little winded. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Blame all you want Corral was never gonna be a rookie savior.... Think what you want about Rhule Mayfield ect... This board is insane with the writing off of the season before a down that matters is even played and seems to be obsessed with ROOTING for failure.

Thank you. A post with some sense.  And hoping for the best while not expecting anything is the easiest, and best way to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We're not rooting for failure. Failure only accomplishes one thing hopefully, the firing of Matt Rhule. The way he's handled the team the past 2 years and now in TC this year leave anyone who pays attention scratching their heads wondering who the hell does Rhule think he's fooling. I'm not writing off the season because i believe we can still win games, but I've long since written off Rhule as a competent head coach. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I always wait until preseason to make any predictions, since historically, when we've been bad in preseason it carries over true to the real games. It's not about winning or losing, but more just how the team plays and looks and carries itself in the preseason that I look at. That said, I have no confidence in Rhule. Zero. At least he hasn't admitted his surrender yet with a public comment about how he has to play Alabama every week now.

2-15 or 3-14, and it needs to be that bad to break up this arrangement. 7 or 8 wins keeps him here because of progress, and there can be some more "teams lose when they don't know why they lose" nonsense.

We split with Atlanta. They are on a similar level of ineptitude with us.

I lean towards Seattle being the other win, but the trip itself coupled with it being later in the season worries me a bit.

The 3rd win if applicable, Atlanta, New Orleans which is very mortal after the 1st string defense, Detroit, Browns, only as a Baker revenge game since I do feel we are overmatched by their defense, or the Giants, although getting manhandled by a lesser version of the Giants last year is a concern.

Most of the schedule offers little hope. Even teams like the Steelers, that are probably looking at a disappointing year, have an advantage since we have yet to show we can stop the run in 4 years now.

Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason the year we went 1-15? 

Browns fan here. I just happen to be a Baker fan as well, so plan to follow the Panthers this season.

What I have been reading about the Browns is that the DTs are a weakness, so running up the middle may work. Their secondary is projected to be very good. Their linebackers are coming on, especially JOK. He can be a force.

Brissett is not the pushover that some people think. He has a very good record when his team's defense and special teams play well. If the defense and special teams do not have a good game, then his record is not that great. 

I've also heard that the Browns WRs haven't played that well. Amari Cooper is good, the TE Njoku can be good, but the rest are hit and miss. So, that could hold Brissett back a bit.

Browns have great running backs: Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, D'Ernest Johnson. THat might be the Browns strategy with Brisett in - run the ball a lot.

11 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I mean, besides our bottom of the roster guys, the team has looked pretty good this preseason. I'm slightly shocked at the overreaction on the board after that game last night. Our 2s dominated their ones, all of who played well into the second quarter, and we had a 3rd string QBs, and back end of the roster WRs playing. I mean Kieth Kirkwood was a starter, he isn't even going to make the team.

That's because half of the huddle doesnt care about facts.   They dont like Rhule so they ignore anything they cant spin into a hypothetical negative against him.  The worst part is winning wouldnt even change a lot of their minds because they would rather just be right.