• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0-3. Is the leash that short?

RumHam

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't think we will go 0-3.  For the last few years, our teams have done fairly well at the start of the season.  3-0 last year, 2-2 the year before.  Its after we get past the first 3 or 4 games that we struggle.  

Yeah, it's once we put some film on tape for the opposition to study that we start getting vastly out coached and out schemed.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, NAS said:

I truly think Tepper will wait until the end of the season. If the team finishes trending upward (even if they don’t make playoffs) Rhule will be retained. If they look worse as a team and don’t show progress then he will be fired.

As dumb as Tepper is he may not even fire him. 

5 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I mean, besides our bottom of the roster guys, the team has looked pretty good this preseason. I'm slightly shocked at the overreaction on the board after that game last night. Our 2s dominated their ones, all of who played well into the second quarter, and we had a 3rd string QBs, and back end of the roster WRs playing. I mean Kieth Kirkwood was a starter, he isn't even going to make the team.

You sir, have been around long enough to know better!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think the BOA crowd determines his fate.  If we are losing and he is getting booed out by midseason (like last year)…..he gets fired in season.  

Rhule better have something to show for after Brady/Tampa get done beating us at BOA.  If not, that IMO will be a bad crowd for Rhule. 

Rhule is going to need to win early and at home.  If he does that he probably can last the season. 

6 hours ago, NAS said:

I truly think Tepper will wait until the end of the season. If the team finishes trending upward (even if they don’t make playoffs) Rhule will be retained. If they look worse as a team and don’t show progress then he will be fired.

Look worse than what? Progress according to what? This would be asinine. There are stats, historical precedence and beloved analytics showing that would make no sense.

How many coaches get a year 4 without a post season appearance? Anyone want to guess? Where is Mr. Scot…it’s literally like 1 or 2 in 40 years.

Why the fug does Tep say fug history and think Rhule is so special. What am I not seeing.

Teams do NOT need 5-7 years for success, that poo is maddening. Tepper is one dumb motherfuger.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

The scarier scenario is what if we do win those first 3 games, a la last season, and then he starts to go Super Rhule again, and we can't win for the next 10 weeks or so?

Ahh, what a time to be a Panthers fan!  Thanks Tepper!

That scenario is quite believable in looking at our schedule.

• Pie 1

I always wait until preseason to make any predictions, since historically, when we've been bad in preseason it carries over true to the real games. It's not about winning or losing, but more just how the team plays and looks and carries itself in the preseason that I look at. That said, I have no confidence in Rhule. Zero. At least he hasn't admitted his surrender yet with a public comment about how he has to play Alabama every week now.

2-15 or 3-14, and it needs to be that bad to break up this arrangement. 7 or 8 wins keeps him here because of progress, and there can be some more "teams lose when they don't know why they lose" nonsense.

We split with Atlanta. They are on a similar level of ineptitude with us.

I lean towards Seattle being the other win, but the trip itself coupled with it being later in the season worries me a bit.

The 3rd win if applicable, Atlanta, New Orleans which is very mortal after the 1st string defense, Detroit, Browns, only as a Baker revenge game since I do feel we are overmatched by their defense, or the Giants, although getting manhandled by a lesser version of the Giants last year is a concern.

Most of the schedule offers little hope. Even teams like the Steelers, that are probably looking at a disappointing year, have an advantage since we have yet to show we can stop the run in 4 years now.

• Poo 1