• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral vs the rest of the rookie field

micnificent28

The hit job continues. Corral is the most accurate QB in the room.

Example, fade drill. Nobody hit it until Corral swished it twice and almost hit it a couple more times, very close.

I watched Sam/Baker/PJ not as close as Corral. Baker hit it once a day or two later.

No Corral didn't look good first game the line in front of him was atrocious. If you couldn't see him and PJ getting crunched up between good plays you weren't watching the third string line.

I don't see how a third string lineman being put on skates into his feet is his fault or is a display of anything but Matt Rhules continued foolishness.

People act as if there was a real opportunity to see Corral play. Sam/Baker/PJ had more reps. Nobody has said he's gotten more reps than any of those guys.

The curse of Gretzky continues for this young man. The draft was f'd up, Pickett jumped better players but now even after the draft he got into the absolute worst situation to play, just the opposite, Rhule on cue choked out his once bright career trajectory into nothing because he's not his love Kenny Pickett so he didn't matter.

Why not showcase him? Even a little? We barely saw the guy, on purpose, that was never the plan. It was another teams QB, again.

Why couldn't we see him behind the second team or first team line? He didn't want you to. You wouldn't want Baker, Baker, Baker after that.

• Pie 1

Way to early to even discuss this.  Limited reps in practice and in preseason.  Bad break getting hurt....let's see what he looks like next year.

The other rookies brought up played against other teams 2 - 4 string defensive players for the most part.  Not as hard to look good when you've had more reps in practice and opportunities to play than what Corral had.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He's certainly in a bad position.  His only chance now is if Rhule survives another season. 

I don't even know if Rhule sticking around will help him. Rhule didn't seem to want to give him many opportunities, so I somewhat wonder how attached he is to him at all. 

Does make me wonder how much he really wanted a younger QB in the first place. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't even know if Rhule sticking around will help him. Rhule didn't seem to want to give him many opportunities, so I somewhat wonder how attached he is to him at all. 

The next coach won’t have any attachment to him. So his only bet for success is Rhule. I highly doubt was against drafting corral. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I know it's extremely early. Book isn't written and corral isn't around to defend himself. But, looking at the flashes every other peer in his tier is putting up(cough Willis, pickett, ridder) did we really miss here? 

Miss? No. He can work hard and be a solid back up for years to come which is still worth the pick.

He was never starter talent if that’s why you mean, despite delusional, desperate madden fans who don’t understand NFL history really well.

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I know it's extremely early. Book isn't written and corral isn't around to defend himself. But, looking at the flashes every other peer in his tier is putting up(cough Willis, pickett, ridder) did we really miss here? 

You’re missing the fact they’re getting quality reps in practice and in game. 

3 hours ago, onmyown said:

Miss? No. He can work hard and be a solid back up for years to come which is still worth the pick.

He was never starter talent if that’s why you mean, despite delusional, desperate madden fans who don’t understand NFL history really well.

Your basing this off of so few snaps is just dumb. 

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Rhule has to worry about QB1 right now. Corral, unfortunately was never going to get any development this season.  It's not that Rhule didn't want the kid. He has to focus on who's starting this season not next season. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

You answered your own question.  It's too early to know because he was in a completely different situation and then got hurt with very chance to show anything. 

Corral showed flashes of being a great QB.  People forget that his problem was rule.  Rule set him up for failure and fail he did.  I don't disagree with giving him a tough task such as putting him behind a bad OL but not keeping him there as much as he did.  Corral didn't get enough snaps during preseason.  Hopefully rule will be fired before he's back from IR.