• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He's not been available more than anything.  TMJ can catch when he's out there. The problem is he's always hurt. 

Rhule mentioned that they needed TMJ to play/practice. Hinting that there is some frustration building and rightfully so. I would like nothing more than to see him succeed

1 minute ago, Coreyl90 said:

I believe it. He also struggled with injuries in high school, which carried into college, which, well.. you know

Yep, dealing with injuries is a skill. Some are like Bozeman" just tape me up and Im ready" and some are like TMJ "my confidence is shot being tape was applied to my ankles". 

1 minute ago, Coreyl90 said:

Not with the absurd amount of money they gave him. I wonder if his comments on Baker prior to the trade have created issues in the locker room

Robbie and Baker have worked on routes together after practice numerous times, I don't think they'd be doing that if there was bad blood. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Who doesn't? That does not guarantee sifting through the leftovers bin of bottom feeder franchises is going to help us achieve that goal though. I'll hope this guy can be a success for us but nobody is required to conform to your heavily home team tinted shades viewpoint.

Oh. Look who it is. It's I post nothing but trash. Frank. 

Calling me.a homer because I stated the obvious' that our team wants to win. 

I think ya shouldn't have wasted time posting' Frank. 

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

TMJ had a fractured leg and broken ankle coming out of high school.  He just can’t stay healthy and at this point has to be tentative out there.  He is afraid of injuries now.  Anyone would be atp.  The sport is brutal 

Yea I think its mental deal with him. I do remember Big brain Rhule got him a walking coach too......

1 hour ago, CRA said:

The Rhule Panthers really love collecting the unwanted from the Jets, Jags, etc. 

Struggles to get open.   Slow. Watched a lot being a Trevor stan

My first guess would be this started with McAdoo.

He was in Jacksonville when Shenault was drafted.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

In relation to TMJ…Jaylon Smith was a fuggin amazing LB coming out of Notre Dame but was never the same after his leg injury.  It scares even beasts like him.  Hard to blame em

I still think Smith could be a NFL LB, though after bouncing off a couple teams......its looking very wrong.

I still favor my left knee after tearing MCL. I use to get checkups, right leg was bigger all over form carrying most of the load even though my left is "healed". I started to freak out, doc laughed and said its a USA thing, they favor one leg more than the other. also told me about right handed verse left. The body is different form one side to the other. calmed down.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

They’ll be able to line up CMC in the slot and have Shenault in the backfield at times

McAdoo obviously has a plan for him which is the key here with Shenault. He’s someone you have to have a plan for or he doesn’t have a lot of value 

Yeah, you have to look at the skill set more than the productivity in Jax---it is not how he played, it is about how we play him.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably started with McAdoo.

He was with the Jags for this kid's rookie season.

This helps makes sense of it ..... and gets me a little excited. What little I've seen of the guy, he's someone you can expect to be open for quick throws. I mean he's not a fast guy but you can expect to get the ball to him quickly. And he's tough and he's fuggin reliable.

I don't want to say he's kind of like Cordarrelle Patterson...but you know what, he kind of is. Don't think you'd want to keep him as a possession receiver type, but out of the backfield and quick screen passes the guy is lethal. 

Nice safety outlet for a improvisational instinctual QB and a creative OC who likes to keep the ball moving quickly.

• Pie 2