• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cmac Had Only 14 Touches!!!

Catsfan69

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yea why didn't Foreman get any carries?

They completely ignored the run game until the second half. Usually when this happens they’ll go run heavy the next game, lose, then make excuses that they didn’t throw the ball enough. Same thing every year with this coach. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

We wanted to attack the Browns weakness imo, and that clearly their secondary. Running against that d-line was exactly what the Browns wanted. Even though we upgraded our o-line from last season we're still not good enough in that area. The Panthers staff probably looked at the match ups between our o-line and their d-line and concluded that running a lot was a very bad idea. They know ahead of time how the trench battle will go and game plan accordingly.

I mean that's fair. But abandoning the Run game completely is not ideal. Makes us one dimensional and let's guys like Myles Garrett eat. Any who, I'm about to my 24 hour mark. I'll continue this argument on Sunday when the same occurs.LOL

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

I mean that's fair. But abandoning the Run game completely is not ideal. Makes us one dimensional and let's guys like Myles Garrett eat. Any who, I'm about to my 24 hour mark. I'll continue this argument on Sunday when the same occurs.LOL

Yeah I've lost my steam for this topic. On to the next game/disaster.

2 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Jesus H Christ people this is our 4th preseason game, just this one counted. You gotta ease him back in. This was a great game for the limited amount of time these guys have been together.  Let's wait till the Giants game before we burn this bitch down 

Leaning on your new QB when you have a elite RB is not easing anyone in. Not having the RB in full form by the start of the season sounds like this staff though.

18 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Leaning on your new QB when you have a elite RB is not easing anyone in. Not having the RB in full form by the start of the season sounds like this staff though.

leaning on your new QB (who didn't get a starter work load going in) and not even putting the 1 WR he has legit chemistry with and knows on the field for a single snap. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

right.... Hes fraud... CMC  up the middle again..how original...

He has broken several 50 plus yd runs up the middle. Up the middle is fine if we block.

You remember the Pittsburgh lines under Cower? The backs would go 4 or 5 yds without being touched. If we could do that he'd score like Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson

13 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Yeah, let’s run him into the ground like we have for 5 years straight. That’s worked out well the last two years for our record and his health.

I get you, but less than 20 touches is just not going to get it done.  Too many times he was a decoy.  If you are going to put him on the field he needs to be an option not a decoy. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He has broken several 50 plus yd runs up the middle. Up the middle is fine if we block.

You remember the Pittsburgh lines under Cower? The backs would go 4 or 5 yds without being touched. If we could do that he'd score like Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson

...its a pipe dream for us... Shitsburgh put a premium on linemen...

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

When you face a really tall and powerful d-line, you had better hope your QB is tall. 6'1 was not enough against those monsters, but you can still win. Poor Baker looked 5'8 at times out there against that pack of werewolves.

Well as a former O and d lineman it's the olines responsibility to get their hands down.

A cut when they jump or a blocking punch to just above the groin is typically enough to get them to flinch.

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

We wanted to attack the Browns weakness imo, and that clearly their secondary. Running against that d-line was exactly what the Browns wanted. Even though we upgraded our o-line from last season we're still not good enough in that area. The Panthers staff probably looked at the match ups between our o-line and their d-line and concluded that running a lot was a very bad idea. They know ahead of time how the trench battle will go and game plan accordingly.

Yeah but some screens to Cmac would have slowed down that D. Then gash them some behind Icky and combo block Myles and beat him up a bit.

13 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I thought we used him too much early on last year, but this was the worst game plan I’ve ever seen with a healthy CMC.  Volume aside, the offensive play calling didn’t do much to get him the ball in space.

I haven't seen such a crap game plan since I saw Mike Shula run the offense. 

• Pie 2