• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College GameDay coming to Boone

ladypanther

Country singer Luke Combs, who attended App State, will serve as the guest picker. 

The show decided to go to Boone because App State is the story of the week in college football,” "GameDay" producer Drew Gallagher said. “Of all the games and possible sites for the show on Saturday, App State’s current relevance as a giant killer combined with a passionate, college football-crazed fan base made the decision a no-brainer.

https://morganton.com/news/state-and-regional/watch-now-espns-college-gameday-bus-stops-in-hickory-on-way-to-boone-a-little/article_2b7075aa-985f-5ae5-867f-042b37570a17.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

• Beer 1

On 9/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, joemac said:

One day I will move back to the Boone area and live off the side of a mountain.  My time in Boone was the most favorite, fun times of my life.  fuging love that place. 

Was born there, spent a big part of my life there, just a really tough place to make a living. 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, ladypanther said:

Would love to go to Boone for this..I am 45 min away...but will be a traffic nightmare.  I can only imagine what it was like for the UNC game.  The roads in that area not designed for this stuff.

Check out goggle maps, it shows the traffic and a life saver for time.

11 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Called it

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Was born there, spent a big part of my life there, just a really tough place to make a living. 

Was also born and raised in Boone. Watauga Medical Center birthplace many moons ago.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is awesome for Boone but you couldn't drag me to Boone tomorrow with an 18 wheeler and a logging chain. I'll be waist deep in either the South Toe or Wilson Creek, haven't decided on which.

Yeah it would be great if I still lived in that area but there's no chance in hell I'm going up there and trying to arrange lodging and everything else and I sure as fug wouldn't go up and try and leave the same day. Talk about nightmare traffic

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 2