• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your top two HC hires after they flip Rhule..

Jmac

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Gruden’s emails are the reason he is gone. The Raiders recent issues were bad drafting. The HC for the Patriots seems to be ok with his “authoritarian” style.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-49ers-got-rid-of-jim-harbaugh-2014-12?amp

The overwhelming consensus is that Harbaugh is leaving because his relationship with the front office — specifically, general manager Trent Baalke and CEO Jed York — fell apart to a point in which he couldn't work there anymore.

Damn, on a side note, I didn’t realize they tried to trade him to the Browns. I’d be pissed too!

Gruden in Tampa, not Vegas

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would find it hard to believe a load of players hate the guts of the coach that is consistently getting them into the NFC championship game. He took a struggling team and immediately made them better. I’m sure some there were some players there for paychecks and were chewed out got their feelings hurt. 
I’ve read about the power struggle and you have read about players.
Why would a team fire a coach in the middle of a season after he just took their franchise to the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row. That sounds like a power struggle to me. 

I heard that front office was disfunctional on steroids. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Gruden’s emails are the reason he is gone. The Raiders recent issues were bad drafting. The HC for the Patriots seems to be ok with his “authoritarian” style.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-49ers-got-rid-of-jim-harbaugh-2014-12?amp

The overwhelming consensus is that Harbaugh is leaving because his relationship with the front office — specifically, general manager Trent Baalke and CEO Jed York — fell apart to a point in which he couldn't work there anymore.

Damn, on a side note, I didn’t realize they tried to trade him to the Browns. I’d be pissed too!

Screenshot_20220912-194654~2.png

• Pie 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper opened up the checkbook for Sean Peyton. He's the biggest name on the market and is so tone deaf when it comes to how fans would react. 

My short list would be Ken Dorsey, Raheem Morris, Mike Kafka. I also want to see what Joe Lombardi does in year two with the Chargers. He might be a decent candidate.

12 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Excited Michigan Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

.695 NFL win percentage!!!!

Is anyone better? Anyone?

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

I do like it. He has left every place on bad terms though. I can only imagine the headache someone is if despite success you still get rid of him. And we are talking multiple programs at NFL and college level.

Still you cannot deny he knows what he is doing and knows how to win. He is the only college coach I’d be ok with.

Eric B has the same issues plus racist and legal poo, no thanks.

Lettwich is meh.

Sean Payton…yes please. 

(Despite Sean) I will go against the grain and want a defensive genius. Defense still wins championships, despite any trends, it’s the number one commonality in SB contenders for the last couple of decades. The key is getting that franchise QB.

An OC mastermind can’t do poo without some players, not entirely true on the other side. Now if we have the number 1 overall…it would open it up a bit.