• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we officially declare TMJ a bust?

TheBigKat

8 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Big time bust. Eric Shelton Jr. 

not Shelton.

worst case with TMJ: his style does not translate to the nfl 

average case: good player, needs to be coached up, horrible situation from a coaching/depth chart perspective, shi smith better practice player 

best case: he’s a great receiver, our coaches are just mannequins 

shelton took literally one hit during his first padded practice, said “fug this” and never wanted to play again. 

9 hours ago, CRA said:

Can you call anyone a bust whose 1 season in the NFL featured Sam Darnold being your QB? 

I frankly have a hard time holding the 2021 season against anyone that would be dependent on Sam? Let alone a rookie  WR.   It was a bad spot to be in. 

But Baker is a legit gunslinger and they give WRs the opportunity to shine so….we should know pretty soon.   Shi jumping him says a lot IMO

Yeah, I think that's the thing. He is clearly not impressing anyone in this organization.

I don't think it's completely safe to call him a bust, but I also don't anticipate him having much of an NFL career. 

I would be very surprised if he turns it around. There is really very little evidence he has shown during the regular season that he can be that guy.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That was my big fear after the 2021 draft. People saw that and thought it was good. To me it was almost a complete disaster. 

TBD still but it isn't looking very good.

I’m suspicious a lot of these Rhule guys are going to end up elsewhere and have productive, not necessarily spectacular, careers. 

you don’t need hall of famers: you just need guys that can produce. That’s what killed us during the hurney years. We’d have entire drafts after the first round of guys that would never earn a second contract. 

at least with hurney we got the all pro first rounder. 

• Pie 1