• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Igo, any credence to this?

Ivan The Awesome

Just look at one of Chubb's first big runs...4-2-5 with a standing end.  Effectively playing Burns as a 3-4 EDGE but with zero run-D support having two linebackers and Chinn way back OFF SCREEN.  And we weren't even using our good run D LB in Wilson, that's Luvu.  On the Browns end, hmm..slot to the right, single back w/6 up front...think a misdirect run to the left? You got it.    

They were an EASY offense to diagnose and Snow was utter crap.

1219833998_ScreenShot2022-09-17at10_22_12AM.thumb.png.4497bddcf3d8f9ab5aa0d8adb7e36fa4.png

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, davos said:

Just look at one of Chubb's first big runs...4-2-5 with a standing end.  Effectively playing Burns as a 3-4 EDGE but with zero run-D support having two linebackers and Chinn way back OFF SCREEN.  And we weren't even using our good run D LB in Wilson, that's Luvu.  On the Browns end, hmm..slot to the right, single back w/6 up front...think a misdirect run to the left? You got it.    

1219833998_ScreenShot2022-09-17at10_22_12AM.thumb.png.4497bddcf3d8f9ab5aa0d8adb7e36fa4.png

Wilson is the mike in that screenshot….

This was a big run for Chubb, they play off to the left away from Chinn at dimeback.  Burns isn't set, standing strong-side, Ioaniddis gets blown up and YGM pushed away as he got some penetration.  Littleton has an awful play and that's actually Luvu at the top standing who gets pushed aside by an underside WR opening the entire left side of the field. UNDISCIPLINED and unaware of pretty easy shotgun run to disect.  Browns love running counter to their strong side, especially when bunched.

106850132_ScreenShot2022-09-17at10_37_10AM.thumb.png.bea95ced57e7e304f83b703d6363f5c3.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Phil Snow = Chip Kelly on the defensive side.

I know Rivera had his moments but he was and still is a very good defensive mind.  I remember saying to all those that wanted Riverboat Ron gone. Be careful on what you ask for.   You just might get worse.  I'd have RR over MR in a heart beat.  Just as long as he leaves Hurney and Shula in DC. 

In our case, we got the bottom of the Barrel.

Chinn and Burns will be up for contracts at the same time.  We are going to lose one of them if someone doesn't get this clown out of Charlotte. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, davos said:

Thanks to CasillaAndybernard guy, correction--this is a 3 LB set with Burns standing strong-side, Wilson was playing off thought he was one of our DBs.  

9 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I truly hate ppl like you. I read that and got a few ideas. You spelled it out like it was nothing. 

My biggest take-away? Luke doesn't want to be a coach. He wants more than that. He wants to put his film work to use. Evaluation is his game. And that is Front Office stuff.

But wouldn’t that skill at analyzing film and getting guys lined up in the right spot/making the right plays and angles be perfect for a DC?

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, davos said:

With this type of stuff, the truth always lies somewhere between.

Could see a lot of this rumor being blown out of proportion after an actual visible argument between Snow and Wilks about Chinn but then it goes on and is likely stretching things.

We have effectively neutered Chinn the past year or so but stuff like Brown becoming a pass rusher contrasts from how Snow has talked about his use. Burbs wanting out, could see it.

Taking it with a grain of salt but it’s a rumor at the end of the day.

I still don’t understand the rationale behind not using Chinn exactly like he was used his rookie season. He was a revelation that season, all over the place making plays, and now the past 2 seasons they want him to play centerfield 20 yards off the ball. It makes no sense. If they let him do his thing like they did his rookie year this defense would look a lot better all around. 

• Flames 1