• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Tepper keep Fitt and let him hire his own coach?

NAS

8 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

8. Among GMs and front-office leaders, who is the best talent evaluator?

Colts GM Chris Ballard (six votes)

• “He understands the players, he understands fit, his coaching staff and team culture.”

• “Ballard is phenomenal.”

Bills GM Brandon Beane (four votes)

• “Looking at the way they’ve improved under his tutelage, I think I’d put him at the top.”

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht (two votes)

• “You like a guy who was a scout like Ballard. He gets it. But it’s hard to put him first when he hasn’t won a Super Bowl. Licht has, and the Bucs hit on a lot of their picks.”

Broncos GM George Paton (two votes)

• “I’ve had players on George’s teams dating back to Minnesota. Based on conversations we’ve had about player development and talent acquisition, he’s always been someone that I’ve really truly respected.”

Others: Bills pro personnel director Malik Boyd, Texans GM Nick Caserio, Ravens GM Eric DeCosta, Jets GM Joe Douglas, Panthers GM Scott Fitterer, Jets assistant GM Rex Hogan, former Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome, 49ersassistant GM Adam Peters, Seahawks GM John Schneider, Giants GM Joe Schoen, Rams GM Les Snead, Chiefs GM Brett Veach

https://theathletic.com/3539313/2022/08/29/nfl-agent-survey-watson-flores-jackson/

They can say whatever they want but the proof is in the pudding.  His moves and this roster are poo

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

If they are blowing it up, Blow. It. TF. Up.

Yep, this should have been done 3 years ago.  Tear it to the studs.  It will not be pretty but its a start.  Fire everyone and trade anyone on the roster that has value.  This franchise aint close to poo and its going to take a couple of years to get right

Before last season , everyone here spelled it out in no uncertain terms that our offensive line was bad .  It was actually worse than bad.  

Fitt basically did nothing before the 2021 season to fix this problem.  He or they , have tried to address the glaring problem this season. Time will tell if the line is much improved over last season. 

Jeremey Chinn needs to be a linebacker,,  End this experiment.    We're wasting his talents. 

We'll  never get out of the basement if we our defensive backs are our leading tacklers.

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

If they are blowing it up, Blow. It. TF. Up.

And let Tepper rebuild it from scratch as he sees fit?

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

he needs to see his mistakes or we are forever doomed and none of this poo matters anyways.

How much confidence do you have in that actually happening?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And let Tepper rebuild it from scratch as he sees fit?

I really don't know why you keep harping on this.  That rebuild is gonna happen anyway in 2-3 years if Fitterer doesn't work out.  It's not really about Tepper hiring someone.  It's more about do you think Fitterer is worth 3 seasons before trying again?  I haven't seen enough to think so.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I really don't know why you keep harping on this.  That rebuild is gonna happen anyway in 2-3 years if Fitterer doesn't work out.  It's not really about Tepper hiring someone.  It's more about do you think Fitterer is worth 3 seasons before trying again?  I haven't seen enough to think so.

And again, I ask the same question others are asking: How do you judge with Matt Rhule being in charge of the on-field product?

I've illustrated by applying it to the players. Is Jeremy Chinn a bad player or is he being put in a bad situation?

Using the "fire everybody" approach you're advocating, they only conclusion you can come to is that he's a bad player and we should dump him.

Are you prepared to say that?

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

What more could/should he Have done in 1 year? Give the man a chance to swim without the Rhule anchor around his neck.