• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky on the Panthers

ncfan

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

The fact that Mayfield didn't get a ton of time to study the playbook may very well be the cause of this. As the season goes on it should change. If it doesn't ooof.

Or the fact is Rhule's a college coach and can't handle a complex offense so he's hired simplistic offensive coordinators

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

I don't understand what McAdoo is doing with Moore and CMC.  It's bewildering how ineffective he's made them.  Brady at least had plays built into his rather bland playbook that were tailored to get them space and work with their strengths. 

If anything, I think Brady may have had the right idea but it was way too simplified and easily figured out.

McAdoo just has the wrong idea.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Or the fact is Rhule's a college coach and can't handle a complex offense so he's hired simplistic offensive coordinators

I don't think McAdoo's offense has been simplistic at his past jobs.

That said, I haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far of his Panthers offense.

31 minutes ago, davos said:

I don't understand what McAdoo is doing with Moore and CMC.  It's bewildering how ineffective he's made them.  Brady at least had plays built into his rather bland playbook that were tailored to get them space and work with their strengths. 

If anything, I think Brady may have had the right idea but it was way too simplified and easily figured out.

McAdoo just has the wrong idea.

I don’t understand how 50% of our plays aren’t screen/handoff/direct snaps to DJ and CMC.  

Let’s say it increases our off efficiency and we have an additional 12 plays per game. That’s be about a 15-20% increase on our current plays per game. So you’re at 18 touches per player per game. That should be easily doable. Why’d we sign DJ if we’re not making him the focus of our gameplan. I get if you want to limit CMC. But getting the ball in DJs hands 15-20x per game should be a priority. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think McAdoo's offense has been simplistic at his past jobs.

That said, I haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far of his Panthers offense.

Giants fans on twitter are saying this is exactly who he is. Don’t know….

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Quarterback is not our problem.  Teams with lesser QB's are finding ways to win.  The Falcons put up 27 on the Rams with Marcus Mariota at QB.  The Cowboys score 20 with Cooper Rush.  The Browns scored 30 with Brissett.

Honestly tired of the excuse that QB is our problem.  Rivera won five games with Kyle freaking Allen as his starting QB.  I'm not saying we're going deep in the playoffs with Baker as our QB.  I'm not sure Baker is the guy.  But he's not the reason we are where we are.

And yet, I'm seeing and hearing actual people that are suggesting we go back to Darnold when he's healthy. It's unbelievable.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

And yet, I'm seeing and hearing actual people that are suggesting we go back to Darnold when he's healthy. It's unbelievable.

If we are 0-4,0-5 when Darnold gets healthy he will see the field again, its just a matter of time. 

We dont have a chance anyway with this coaching staff, we could have prime Peyton Manning baack there and he would struggle to pass for 1 TD each game. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1