• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule Have A Plan?

TLGPanthersFan

Does Rhule have a plan/scheme? Most NFL coaches have a plan on how to build there team. Even coaches I think suck, like Mike McCarthy, have a plan on how they like to build their team.
Rhule constantly flip-flopping on stuff at the end of games on Sunday to Monday makes me think he has no plan or scheme and is just trying to find something that works on the fly.  Which is something I don’t find good for an NFL coach. 
Example: Rhule said Sunday we don’t have to change anything about our WR group they just need to fight through. On Monday he said we need to get more WRs involved. He has been doing this flip-flopping since he got here. 
I will give Rivera credit that if you look at the Commanders you know it is a Rivera team because he builds his team his way and sticks to it. 
TLDR: We need a coach with a plan because our current coach, like Disney with the sequel trilogy, has none. 
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

No. He doesn't. That's the problem. All this time, I assumed "the process" was a thought out team building philosophy that he wouldn't dare telegraph to the league but you would see signs of it. For example, I thought his "process" must be, fix defense first, then OL, then get young QB. Makes, sense, right? A good defense is a QBs best friend, plus who would want to destroy a young QB behind a bad line? That's what the Jets do.

Turns out "the process" is "try to get one percent better every day!!!" Rah rah, cheerleader bullshit. He had no plan. When he was hired, there was all this talk of analytics and sports science. I've seen no evidence of any of this.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think he probably did have a plan.

Problem is a lot of what he's done to set up that plan so far hasn't worked. Can't get to the next step of the plan if the previous step went wrong.

It's kind of like that saying about boxing, "everybody has a plan till you get punched in the mouth". Rhule has been getting punched in the mouth for two seasons already, and has gotten started on a third.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think he probably did have a plan.

Problem is a lot of what he's done to set up that plan so far hasn't worked. Can't get to the next step of the plan if the previous step went wrong.

It's kind of like that saying about boxing, "everybody has a plan till you get punched in the mouth". Rhule has been getting punched in the mouth for two seasons already, and has gotten started on a third.

You mean Phil Snow had a plan, to run a 3-3 and it has not worked. How can you have 5 guys in coverage and still give up this many passing first downs? Rhule is a puppet, Snow is the master. Unfortunately for us, Snow is a baiter.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, philit99 said:

You mean Phil Snow had a plan, to run a 3-3 and it has not worked. How can you have 5 guys in coverage and still give up this many passing first downs? Rhule is a puppet, Snow is the master. Unfortunately for us, Snow is a baiter.

Formation isn’t the issue with snow. It’s his player assignment and blitz calling inconsistency.

majority of the nfl runs a 3-3. Bills ran it plenty against the titans. They also ran a 3 safety package for a bundle of plays as well.

I really don't think there's ever been much of a plan/vision in place of the type of team he wants (hopefully that's wanted/past tense soon). There's also GLARINGLY no type of offense that he's been able to consistently, clearly and concisely describe at any point in time.  

I think he's truly winging the offense and has thought McCaffrey could just carry things for him.  The defense is Snow running 4-3 hybrid looks, 3-3-5, & 3-2-6, but employing each at all the wrong times.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Formation isn’t the issue with snow. It’s his player assignment and blitz calling inconsistency.

majority of the nfl runs a 3-3. Bills ran it plenty against the titans. They also ran a 3 safety package for a bundle of plays as well.

LAC is also doing what Snow wants to do very well.  He's just not really finding the rhythm or putting the right groupings out there situationally.  

Edited by davos

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree, let me be more clear. 5 db’s up to 3 safeties, 0 interceptions and how many PBUs? It’s hard to generate constant pressure with 3 linemen. If it is not working try something different. Snows situational football IQ, is in the single digits.

Edited by philit99