• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers were one pick away from Justin Herbert...

PantherBoy95

Justin Herbert bandwagon member here. Me and Hurndog we're all over it. The plan was over-Rhuled.

Hurndog wanted to move up but your boy was like naaahh we good...... we're not good, far from it.

You guys don't worry, Matt Corral is bulking up he'll be up to 220+ by the start of camp.

The consolation prize is actually a good QB, let's just make sure we get rid of dufus Rhule.

15 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

could have easily given up our 3rd to the lions... whatever.

#7 and a 3rd for the #3 pick? In what world do you think there's precedent for that? Has there ever been a comparable trade in NFL history? I doubt it. If so, please share. Unless you mean 7, our 3rd plus a future 1st. That's probably more likely.

The closest recent comp I can think of is the Jets trading the 6th pick and THREE 2nd round picks (including 37 and 49 from that year) for the 3rd pick to take Darnold. But going from 7 to 3 only takes a 3rd? Sure...

12 hours ago, Whoops said:

Most of these Herbert threads have people thinking he was available when we chose Brown.  This is nice for a change, even though it sucks.

The argument is, we shoulda traded up. Easy Peasy. 

We get these woulda shoulda posts every time somebody reminisces about what coulda been. If they can think it. It could/can happen.

They had just paid teddy two gloves.  Do you think they would have taken herbert then if he'd been there?

Obviously hindsight says herbert would have been a great pick but I'm not sure they would have made it even if we're available. 

Edited by w280sax
  • Beer 1

Herbert is a special case as he was pretty good right away. A guy like Allen never would’ve became what he is in Carolina. Herbert on the other hand might have pulled off what Rhules been grasping for, a QB to hide the fact he’s an awful coach.