• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Hottest Seat in the NFL - Canfora on Rhule

Paa Langfart

4 hours ago, w280sax said:

I'm no expert but I think the panthers could add some years that automatically void at the end of his contract and then convert a portion of his remaining salary to signing bonus which would be paid now but hit the cap across all the years on his contract.

That would add dead money to our cap in future years but could make him very attractive to contenders in a trade.

They could do the same thing without the voidable years which would add more dead cap sooner if he were traded.

Very debatable if any of that would be a good idea.

Then the question becomes is it worth it to have 8-10m a year in dead cap the next 3 or 4 years for a 3rd or 4th round pick. CMC, no matter how good, has barely played the last 2 seasons due to injury. That kind of capitol is tough to give up for a guy that may play 1 game or 10. 

1) if you're thinking a loss tomorrow gets Rhule fired, you're going to have to keep thinking that about 30 more times.

2) there are A LOT of closet Bills fans on the Huddle now, wanting to give away the best player on your team just to see him kick ass elsewhere. I mean I guess I get it, the Bills will win more games next month than the Panthers will win in the next five seasons combined.

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Saw that report this morning and my first thought so instead of 3 games he gets 5? Everything keeps pointing to Matt being in the hot seat.

Rhule keeps losing he won’t be here week 7.

If today looks as bland as the Giants game they'll get booed off the field. 3 home games in a row of that would be some serious patience

• Pie 1