• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Carr anyone?

joemac

43 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

If Carr is released by Vegas and we can sign him at a lower number and maybe 3 years (w/option to void yr 3), I'd be much more interested. 

• Draft Johnston at 9 
  • Draft a TE at 40 or 60
  • Add another piece to our defense with our other R2 pick.

No draft picks given up to roll the dice on a draftee QB is my favorite part of this. 

We were a good NFL QB away from the playoffs. Carr can be our guy for the next two years, see if Corral develops and/or draft a QB in '24. Carr isn't elite, but he's a top-15 QB in the league and would do well with our OL and weapons. 

If this is the plan, you have to try to trade back from 9 and get a '24 1st rounder to give you ammunition to move up for your QB in '24.

I am feed up with the Panthers taking other teams retreads or rejects at the QB position.

I would like for the Panthers to see what they have with Corral, even if they have to use a bridge type QB to start this upcoming season and perhaps draft another quarterback if the draft falls in their favor.

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

I'm good on Carr.  Does he have skills?  Yes.  Yet at the end of the day, I think he's peaked and is on a downhill trajectory.  Perhaps that actual QB we should be looking at, and I'm surprised to be thinking this way, is Daniel Jones.

Hell no Daniel Jones is not the answer lol

2 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Carr could be the next Stafford, meaning he could be the final piece needed on a team that is ready for a deep playoff push.

...and that is not us. Too many flaws that need correcting.

poo, if we had a QB like Carr for all 17 games this year we probably win at least 11 games.  Maybe more.  No team is complete.  They all have holes, but if we get a decent QB, we can run the South for the next few years.

• Pie 3

I don't want to trade for Derek Carr and his current contract. I would not be opposed to signing Derek Carr as a FA. I just don't think I'd be willing to pay his likely market value. In the perfect world, Derek Carr on a reasonable 3 year deal with an out after 2 years and Anthony Richardson at #9 sounds like a helluva plan to me.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, ECHornet said:

There was a whole lot of make believe in this post. Reality is Carr and Darnold put up similar level stats this year despite Carr having the far better supporting cast. 

Is Carr a better QB than Darnold? Sure

Enough to justify a 40mil cap hit? No

If we just swap a healthy Darnold out for PJ and Baker all season, we’re likely a 10 win team. 

And then you realize Darnold has had 1 GWD in his last 3 seasons. Carr had 15 GWD in the last 3 seasons. Carr has had more GWD in a single season than Darnold has had in his 5 year career.

Darnold isn't close to being on the same level as Carr when it comes to pulling out wins when the team breaks down with defense, the running game, and coaching.

The Raiders win 3 games if they get lucky with Darnold at QB in 2022. Darnold is not the type of QB that can turn losses into wins consistently against NFL defenses.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't want to trade for Derek Carr and his current contract. I would not be opposed to signing Derek Carr as a FA. I just don't think I'd be willing to pay his likely market value. In the perfect world, Derek Carr on a reasonable 3 year deal with an out after 2 years and Anthony Richardson at #9 sounds like a helluva plan to me.

If you’re betting on Carr I don’t think you can use 9 on AR. If AR falls to the second like Hurts did then that’s the play 

3 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Carr had some great weapons this season, and crapped the bed so many times. He was missing wide open passes and sailing passes over the heads of his receivers. He's washed IMO. 

No more QB retreads. Draft a rookie QB and keep it moving. 

Not a retread just too expensive.