• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

how would you feel if panthers pulled a hornets and hired ron rivera again

4 minutes ago, Maryland Cat said:

I would much rather have Ron back than to stick with Rhule but I would much rather take our chances with a new head coach. 

Absolutely NO to either. I’d rather keep Rhule than go backwards. At least the D is keeping things interesting. Much better than Rivera’s Commandos.

How many "second times around" have their been in the NFL?  The only ones I can think of are Art Shell in Oakland (good the first time, epic fail the second time around), Joe Gibbs in DC (HOF the first time, struggled and mediocre the second), Bud Grant in Minnesota (a legend the first time, 7-9 in one year the second), Chuck Knox with the Rams (great the first time, failed the second), and Marion Campbell in Atlanta (dismal failure both times).  Shell and Campbell were both fired to end their first stints with those teams.

Rivera is probably just below Shell and well above Campbell in the pecking order.  But every one of these guys failed or struggled the second time around.

So the question is.....

Why Just Why GIF - Why JustWhy ButWhy - Discover & Share GIFs