• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what's up with the batted balls?

PhillyB

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

1) it's the predictability of the offensive gamelan.

2) the fans aren't booing early enough.

"Did we go down and score a touchdown after they booed us? Yes" - Baker yesterday.

That tells me that Baker needs to be booed as soon as he gets on the field, and then he'll lead a TD drive.

There can be something to that with certain people. Making them angry gets juices going in a way that just is…. more. 

On 10/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, PhillyB said:

I have literally never seen anything like this in my entire life. He's on the shorter size but that can't be it, plenty of other signal callers are the same height. 

I've never watched another team's games and seen anything like this, and we see it every game. It's absolutely insane.

Is it completely Baker? Is it really bad scheming with regard to opening passing lanes? Is it poor offensive line coaching?

This is a dysfunctional offense the likes of which I never thought I'd see rivaled after the pickles era and I don't know what to make if it mechanically.

PJ Walker is 5’11” and doesn’t have that problem. 

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson didn’t/don’t have that problem. 

The issue is his throwing motion. He doesn’t get his elbow up high enough on his release and some of his passes come out damn near side armed. It also doesn’t help that the defenders stand there and mirror him to bat them down, they know they can because his release is so low.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sassy

It’s called elbow slot drills. The goal is to get the elbow to 45 degrees above the shoulder 6” x 6” above the shoulder. It helps with release and accuracy. Not trying to be a know it all but this is high school stuff.

3D265E60-3942-43C8-85BE-395F67C88DB0.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

It’s called elbow slot drills. The goal is to get the elbow to 45 degrees above the shoulder 6” x 6” above the shoulder. It helps with release and accuracy. Not trying to be a know it all but this is high school stuff.

3D265E60-3942-43C8-85BE-395F67C88DB0.jpeg

Even PJ knows this - pretty bad when our backup who wouldn’t be on any other nfl roster admits that throwing angles can prevent this and our starter refuses to acknowledge it

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Even PJ knows this - pretty bad when our backup who wouldn’t be on any other nfl roster admits that throwing angles can prevent this and our starter refuses to acknowledge it

It's even more bad Baker is making those comments which imply our coaching staff isn't already putting him through some drills to mitigate this issue. Guess they're too busy putting together more PowerPoint slides.

• Flames 2