• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get a hobby, a pet…don’t watch the Panthers sarcasm from Luke Decock sums it up

raleigh-panther

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

You are so right about this 

As someone who has gone to almost all Hume games since 1999, I can’t tell anyone how different the environment is. 

I went to a game against the Vikings last year and couldn’t believe how different the experience felt from a game in the Fox, Rivera or even Seifert eras. This was the only home game I’ve been to since the Rhule regime began. There is almost zero home field advantage as the fans who remain are apathetic. Everyone else is either an opposing fan or seems like they are just there to get drunk on an expensive budget.  I’ve got PSLs (this will be my last year) and I haven’t even bothered to go to a game this season. Gave yesterday’s tickets away for free. 

• Pie 1

I'm more fearful of Tepper than Rhule because you can always replace a coach, but replacing an owner is much harder and they still make a ton of money even if they are terrible.  I'm fearful we have Dan Snyder 2.0.  Life is too short and I won't support a poor product long term if they have no hope of turning it around.  I'm not there yet with the Panthers, but this thought is starting to enter into my head.  I'm from Charlotte and I've been on this ride since day 1.  

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Cooked out some porter house steaks this evening.  I had the Panthers game on for background noise.  The wife was like: "Don't you want to sit down and watch the game." I was like: "nope!"  Spent a lot of the time outside enjoying the nice autumn evening and smelling a charcoal grill do it's thing only to pop in and look at the score, chuckle, and go back outside to the relaxation.

Wife asked me the same thing.

You don't want to finish the game?  "Nope, I'll finish my outdoor kitchen, sanding, painting, caulking is more fun than watching this mess."

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Wife asked me the same thing.

You don't want to finish the game?  "Nope, I'll finish my outdoor kitchen, sanding, painting, caulking is more fun than watching this mess."

I had an opposite interaction.

Don't remember what it was, but I said something that apparently made Lady Cowboy Fan think I was going to turn the game off. She was shocked.

I didn't.

30 minutes ago, jtm said:

I'm more fearful of Tepper than Rhule because you can always replace a coach, but replacing an owner is much harder and they still make a ton of money even if they are terrible.  I'm fearful we have Dan Snyder 2.0.  Life is too short and I won't support a poor product long term if they have no hope of turning it around.  I'm not there yet with the Panthers, but this thought is starting to enter into my head.  I'm from Charlotte and I've been on this ride since day 1.  

His newborn football club in the first season is already a better and more exciting draw than the stepchild Panthers. What that means for the Panthers in the long term, who knows.

Saturday night was a huge, electric win in Charlotte. The game Sunday completely slipped my mind. Never thought I'd see the day.