• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scary Scenario for Halloween season: If Rhule comes back next year what will you do?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

What can we do but not watch. 🤷‍♂️

I've been in this mode for a very long time. I stopped getting upset a long time ago.  Now all I can do is laugh until I cry. But this level of suckage is beyond funny. It's just plain sad now.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3

This is, indeed, a scary point.

Somewhere in the INFINITE, existing, parallel universes, there's a David Tepper who NO MATTER WHAT keeps sticking with Matt Rhule, year after year, until Matt Rhule finally "gets it" and has a winning season.  For the simple reason that David Tepper would like to point to the low, dirty yokels and say "SEE!  I TOLD YOU SO!  I WAS RIGHT AFTER ALL!"

Let us all hope and pray that this particular universe is not our own.

Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports passes along, team owner David Tepper may be just fine waiting a year to see if Sean Payton entertains a return to coaching in 2023.

While an official Panthers spokesperson didn’t want to speculate, at the risk of tampering since Payton is technically under contract with the New Orleans Saints through 2024, this is an expected response.

“We would not talk to — or consider — a coach who’s under contract with another team.”

Carolina Panthers spokesperson on Sean Payton rumor

Back in January, Saints general manager Mickey Loomis mentioned he was prepared to negotiate with teams regarding a potential Sean Payton trade, but discussions didn’t appear to get far, as the asking price will be “significant”.

The cost for a Payton trade won’t suddenly go down in 2023 either, but maybe it’s a price the Panthers are willing to pay. For Payton, the chance to return to coaching in the NFC South, facing his old team twice per season might be the trigger that brings him back to the whistle.

I’m already fading as is, luckily fantasy football forces me to watch other competence clubs so I get enjoyment out of it but another year of rhule and I’m not watching unless I have one of our guys on my fantasy team.

I’ll always root for our players but it’s painful seeing them constantly put in bad positions.

i feel bad for every qb that’s played for rhule, he’s done zero favors for them, zero.