• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Truth of the matter

Jmac

If they had even a avg. offense, they would be winning. The defense is actually very good and dragging the shitty offense along. Something needs to give and I think it is the OC to start.

Obviously Rhule sucks, but he will be the last to go. The play calling is atrocious. Not developing a game plan to suit the personal and the QB is the cause of alot of the problems.

I don't know who or what the replacement could be. But it is not working out and I doubt he has the ability to change at this point.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jmac said:

If they had even a avg. offense, they would be winning. The defense is actually very good and dragging the shitty offense along. Something needs to give and I think it is the OC to start.

Obviously Rhule sucks, but he will be the last to go. The play calling is atrocious. Not developing a game plan to suit the personal and the QB is the cause of alot of the problems.

I don't know who or what the replacement could be. But it is not working out and I doubt he has the ability to change at this point.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I just don't see our Defense as being very good either.  So far, we have played the Browns (run all over us), the Giants, the Saints when the QB had a broken back and the Cardinals who until us hadn't lead in a game this year during regulation and yet our Defense is bottom to middle of the league at the start of yesterdays game in almost every category.  We will find out if they are actually good or if we have just been playing really bad teams in the next few weeks though.

• Beer 1

Just now, Jmac said:

I'm afraid the next thing to give will be the defense.  It takes an overwhelming defense to carry the load week after week and have it translate to competitiveness, let alone wins. 

I have always thought Rhule would be given year 4 by Tepper before he punches his ticket, but I logged in this morning halfway expecting to see Rhule was asked to turn in his keys yesterday or early this morning.  The problem with being a rah-rah BS artist leader is eventually the reality catches up to you.  Most are savvy enough to sense that coming and ride off into the sunset, still armed with their magic elixir.  The window to do that for Rhule probably has reached its peak, since I see his name mentioned with college jobs.  Time to hitch them up and go.

That leaves 2022 a wreck for the Panthers, but we knew that was a real possibility, if not a probability, before the season started.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced the defense is really all that hat good.

We haven't really faced any great offenses yet.

This.  

defense is overrated because we played Winston with a broken back (and he still put up 400+) yards on them and then playing a horrific coached Cardinal team.  Now people are acting like we have a great D. 

after the 49ers, Rams and Bucs this D will look average.    They have good coaches and teams.  49ers are a tougher opponent than people think.  Strong D and that O will get rolling once Jimmy G is back up to speed.  He isn’t good but the O will do what it does once he is. He didn’t even have a playbook week 1.  

Just now, CRA said:

This.  

defense is overrated because we played Winston with a broken back (and he still put up 400+) yards on them and then playing a horrific coached Cardinal team.  Now people are acting like we have a great D. 

after the 49ers, Rams and Bucs this D will look average.    They have good coaches and teams.  49ers are a tougher opponent than people think.  Strong D and that O will get rolling once Jimmy G is back up to speed.  He isn’t good but the O will do what it does once he is. He didn’t even have a playbook week 1.  

I expect the 49ers attack to be run heavy.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think the D is good enough if you had any semblance of an offense. We've faced the 7th, 14th, 18th and 20th scoring offenses so while we haven’t faced KC, we’ve faced a barely above average set of offenses.

Look at this weekend. Arizona is the 14th highest scoring team and we held them in check until the offense couldn’t get a first down. The D wearing down in the second half was 100% on the offense sucking.

We are the 17th ranked scoring team but without the D scores (20%), we’d be 31st with Chicago. Heck, we’d be worst without the D scores and Cleveland giving us a gift for Robby. This offense is truly putrid.

The extended drive that the Cardinals scored on was the defense's first action in the third quarter.

They'd had the entire halftime plus a couple of minutes to rest at that point, yet still got manhandled right out of the gate.

No argument that the offense is terrible, but much like last year's number two overall ranking, I think the defense is largely an illusion.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced the defense is really all that hat good.

We haven't really faced any great offenses yet.

I think the defense is above average, as it was last year, but it always seems incapable of handling opponents second half adjustments.  That combined with awful offense means a lot of losses.

It's good enough to keep most games closeish at least in the first half if not a lead for us, despite our bad offense, which means a lot I think.