• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, I was wrong

ladypanther

Just now, AlphabetsEnd said:

Teams that fire their coaches/coordinators midseason do sometimes seem to get a boost - play better football. Honestly, with the core of Panthers players, if the players just coached themselves, I'd wonder if it'd be an improvement over what we've seen. 

Removing bad coaching from an equation can give a lift, turn the season around. 

I still think Tabor should be the dude.  Fire Rhule and let Snow follow.  Wilks takes over the D.  

Bears last year probably had their best managed and called game when Tabor was the interim HC and it’s the easiest job to pull double duty.   

• Pie 1

At this point Tepper should try something new.  Ask for fans interested in being a coach, and every week draw 15 names at random for the the game two or three weeks downstream.  It may be his only avenue to generate any fan interest at this point.  Keep one or two of the assistants around to make sure nobody is pulling anything against the rules (a Schiano), but otherwise, let them do what they want.

It couldn't be any worse than the circus act we have now, and it might even be entertaining.  I'm sure the players would hate it, but then again, they might be able to influence what is happening more than they are now. 

And yes, this is in jest. 

• Flames 1

Personally I would just let him finish out the season to insure a better draft position for the next staff.  Doesn't really matter who takes over because they at best would manage an extra win or two. That's not changing anything for the better long term. Just tough it out and start over again next year. I hope Tepper has already got Fitterer and Morgan looking for the next head coach. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

welcome to the ‘negative Nancy’, ‘Debbie dowers’ club, please have a seat.

contrary to resident huddle optimistic posters, we did not choose this and it does indeed suck.

unfortunatley as you can see Tepper doesn’t give two fugs. fug him.

you have it your best shot.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Personally I would just let him finish out the season to insure a better draft position for the next staff.  Doesn't really matter who takes over because they at best would manage an extra win or two. That's not changing anything for the better long term. Just tough it out and start over again next year. I hope Tepper has already got Fitterer and Morgan looking for the next head coach. 

I was going to say this same basic thing.  I'd be rather afraid that getting rid of Rhule at this point would actually screw us up for the future.

2 minutes ago, Gregg S said:

I was going to say this same basic thing.  I'd be rather afraid that getting rid of Rhule at this point would actually screw us up for the future.

It might cost us a couple of spots in the draft but not much I fear. It will just cost more to move up.

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I actually thought McAdoo would be a positive. He was not a good HC but as a coordinator he was good for Manning and that gave me encouragement.  I thought a couple of real NFL coaches on staff  might help Rhule be better.  I thought Mayfield would be a lot better than he is.  Did not think he would be  all pro but would be better than Darnold.  The batted balls, his inaccuracy....did not expect that.

I do tend to be an optimist.  Thought that this  team, because of the talent that we have, might be a wild card team instead of in competition for the worst team in the NFL.

This season is lost, miserable.  We wait so long for this and as fans deserve better.    Tepper has been a disaster as an owner.  Our only hope is that by some miracle he can admit that he does not know what he is doing and puts some real football people in charge.  Doubt his ego will ever allow that.  The NFL screwed us by falling in love with Tepper's money.  He was not who I wanted as an owner, but when we got him, again...was hoping for the best.  Did not expect that we would end up with the worst.

I have been a Panther fan from the beginning.  I went to home games for years.  A job loss due to the pandemic interrupted that.  Glad I am not now spending big money now on this sh#t show.  At this point, I refuse to even buy a t-shirt until things improve.  I know, like spitting into the ocean but it is my own little personal protest.

I got so much Panthers paraphernalia that I had to go out and get a few new jackets and hats, so that people who don't know me can't identify me with any of this sh¡t that's going on. Yes, this is the first time that I've been embarrassed to be a Panthers fan. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I got so much Panthers paraphernalia that I had to go out and get a few new jackets and hats, so that people who don't know me can't identify me with any of this sh¡t that's going on. Yes, this is the first time that I've been embarrassed to be a Panthers fan. 

I think a lot of us were already there. For the people late to the party, notice how not happy this feels. 

So for all the backlash against "negativity" we just got to where we all ended up first.

Rather that bickering amongst ourselves, save all the angst and vitriol for the ownership and coaching staff. That's where it has always belonged.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I actually thought McAdoo would be a positive. He was not a good HC but as a coordinator he was good for Manning and that gave me encouragement.  I thought a couple of real NFL coaches on staff  might help Rhule be better.  I thought Mayfield would be a lot better than he is.  Did not think he would be  all pro but would be better than Darnold.  The batted balls, his inaccuracy....did not expect that.

I do tend to be an optimist.  Thought that this  team, because of the talent that we have, might be a wild card team instead of in competition for the worst team in the NFL.

This season is lost, miserable.  We wait so long for this and as fans deserve better.    Tepper has been a disaster as an owner.  Our only hope is that by some miracle he can admit that he does not know what he is doing and puts some real football people in charge.  Doubt his ego will ever allow that.  The NFL screwed us by falling in love with Tepper's money.  He was not who I wanted as an owner, but when we got him, again...was hoping for the best.  Did not expect that we would end up with the worst.

I have been a Panther fan from the beginning.  I went to home games for years.  A job loss due to the pandemic interrupted that.  Glad I am not now spending big money now on this sh#t show.  At this point, I refuse to even buy a t-shirt until things improve.  I know, like spitting into the ocean but it is my own little personal protest.

You can list your grievances here.

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still think Tabor should be the dude.  Fire Rhule and let Snow follow.  Wilks takes over the D.  

Bears last year probably had their best managed and called game when Tabor was the interim HC and it’s the easiest job to pull double duty.   

Every rewatch this season (and I've been doing about 3ish per game) the defensive scheme and play calling has looked worse - and it's not the players. They're making crazy plays - Luvu alone is like a one man wrecking crew. 

This could be a top-5 defense with the players here, especially with Derrick Brown playing well now. 

Losing Rhule, Snow, and McAdoo and let the talent on this team carry it. The offense has great improvisers gamebreakers. Let Foreman run down defenses, and change of pace with CMC. Change the route assignment for CMC and DJ. Let Higgins and Shenault run slot. 

The defense is fast, and not soft in the middle. Let Horn be an island and give CJ Henderson some help. Put Chinn back in the box. 

It actually doesn't seem that complicated - the coaches are getting in the way of the players. A good coach schemes to player's strengths. We're seeing the exact opposite here. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My gym bag is a Panther bag...got it cheap some time ago a Ross's.  The size and pockets are perfect for what I need, but like you, am a bit embarrassed these days to be seen with it.