• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 cap hits

ncfan

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

DJ Moore and Moton are fine. DJ’s issue is terrible QB play. He’s been either open or getting open. 

Shaq is at risk of getting cut but I bet his vet presence keeps him with us, look for a restructure.

Robby Anderson is getting cut after this season. The Panthers way over paid for his dumb ass.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Everyone on that list will most likely be gone next season when a new staff comes on board. There will be another contract purge one way or another. 

Moton and DJ would be tough unless we really don't think we can compete for another 4 years. Shaq and Robbies contracts were desired to end next year. Both will not be on this team. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Moton and DJ would be tough unless we really don't think we can compete for another 4 years. Shaq and Robbies contracts were desired to end next year. Both will not be on this team. 

The new staff will have to tear down the roster to the bare studs and  start over. There's few studs to speak of and the ones we think are studs the new staff may view differently.  Luckily this team is young and numbers dictate you can't get rid of all of them at once. This has the potential to be another 2 years to see any progress.  It all depends on how the new staff evaluates the current roster.  l,m assuming there is a new staff in this hypocritical event. I really would not lose sleep if any of these guys are let go.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The new staff will have to tear down the roster to the bare studs and  start over. There's few studs to speak of and the ones we think are studs the new staff may view differently.  Luckily this team is young and numbers dictate you can't get rid of all of them at once. This has the potential to be another 2 years to see any progress.  It all depends on how the new staff evaluates the current roster.  l,m assuming there is a new staff in this hypocritical event. I really would not lose sleep if any of these guys are let go.

I'm going to disagree. I think coaching or lack thereof is 99% of this teams problems. Move Chinn to SS, keep Luvu, keep Burns, Horn, and Jackson are all solid. 

Offensively it's 70% coaching and 30% QB play. We can keep icky, Moton, BC, CMC, and DJ. 

With a QB and a FA addition of a TE who is a pass catcher we could be a. 500 team our first year. 

Of course we need to keep building but we have a good core built right now. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Cap is a myth, see Saints, restructures, pushing money as needed. It's not a big deal because next year isn't here yet. 

Sure. The 1-3 Saints that are stuck in Jameis limbo and can’t even cut/trade players because of their kicking the can for years. At least they were doing it to win a SB. Not to win 5 games a year. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Well it’s not like we are going to be super bowl contenders next year anyhow. I say we eat the contracts and then in 2024 we will be free of them. Don’t extend, don’t cut them. Let’s go ahead and get rid of all these bad contracts. Prepare for the future. Get a good QB, some other young talent, give them a year or two and once they start playing well then we can sign some free agents with the cap room we have.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'm going to disagree. I think coaching or lack thereof is 99% of this teams problems. Move Chinn to SS, keep Luvu, keep Burns, Horn, and Jackson are all solid. 

Offensively it's 70% coaching and 30% QB play. We can keep icky, Moton, BC, CMC, and DJ. 

With a QB and a FA addition of a TE who is a pass catcher we could be a. 500 team our first year. 

Of course we need to keep building but we have a good core built right now. 

You could be right and the current group is good enough.  But if they've become what appears as fine with losing or part of the losing culture then we don't need that on the team. 

If these guys want to lay all  of their lackluster play at the feet of Rhule then I question whether we need that mentality on the team.  They are on the field and regardless of the play calling they should play with more heart and pride than those of a team accepting losing. Not just losing but getting humiliated. 

Nah my friend it needs a complete purge.

The cap is yet another reason why Fitterer needs to go with Rhule. I don’t want to hear the “cap is a myth” argument. That whole philosophy centers around kicking the can (in terms of the $$$ bill) down the road so you can maximize your competitiveness in the immediate future.

It’s great when you’re doing it to make playoff runs. It makes absolutely zero sense when you’re going for 5 or less wins for the fifth straight year.

Let a new GM figure out how to get us out of cap hell.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

You could be right and the current group is good enough.  But if they've become what appears as fine with losing or part of the losing culture then we don't need that on the team. 

If these guys want to lay all  of their lackluster play at the feet of Rhule then I question whether we need that mentality on the team.  They are on the field and regardless of the play calling they should play with more heart and pride than those of a team accepting losing. Not just losing but getting humiliated. 

Nah my friend it needs a complete purge.

I've actually started wondering if Rhule doesn't like the swagger personality that takes the focus off him. I know Cam was used up, but he had swag and we cut him. Then came Teddy and the team lost its swag. In comes Darnold and no swag until Cam came back, then Cam is benched. Bring on Baker and he rubs fans the wrong way. Minshew would have made more sense than Darnold but he has that swagger too. It's just a thought that's been bugging me. It appears Rhule wants all eyes on him, good or bad.