• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone seen this?

Green-Ghost

I've seen people argue that he shouldn't be fired because then we might turn it around and ruin our draft position for a rebuild.

I disagree.  There is talent on this team, but firing Rhule won't fix it.  There literally is no structure or culture in place that would supplement and support even a new coach taking the reins.  We may win a game or two more than Rhule otherwise, but the team is so broken, firing Rhule won't magically turn it around in-season.  Again, it is clear, especially offensively that there is no scheme in place that it would make a a difference.  That is going to take at least a full offseason to revamp...  

Firing Rhule needs to happen now because it's the right thing to do, and it sends the message that continued, sustained failure and ineptitude will not be tolerated.  It allows us to start cleaning up the mess he has made, and we need to get started on that ASAP because it is going to take much longer than it does for most organizations due to just how bad he's been.  We need to get a headstart on repairing our image and reputation.  The longer we hold onto him, the more damage he does and the longer it will take to fix it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Firing Rhule now would make the fans feel better but it wouldn't fundamentally fix anything this season and would likely induce chaos in the organization as a good chunk of the staff followed Rhule to his next college job.

As much as it sucks, honestly retaining Rhule until late in the season is honestly maybe the best course of action.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The end of November is the start of recruiting in college. I would say at the end of week 10 is the latest Rhule would want to stay if he feels like coaching college football. That will give him 2 weeks to get hired and start recruiting. The earlier he is gone, the better for him and his new college team.

I think he needs to go now.  

While we may not win any more games.  I would rather let someone else run the show.  The team deserves it.  There is far too much talent on this team to be wallowing in last place.  Let someone else run this team.  

I watch many games; thanks to AFN and all the replays they show during the week.  I watch coaches use plays to throw off defenses and yet we are still running plays that don't work.  There is absolutely no imagination.  

It's embarrassing that we struggle to put one or two drives each game to score a TD.   Usually, it is a busted coverage or a player making a big play.   We cannot sustain a drive.  

Get rid of Rhule, start changing the culture now so 2023 we are headed in the right direction. 

I get why keeping him makes some sense but I think we would get a lot more out of the staff that stays and the players by letting them feel like this year has a reason. An audition for jobs next year is great motivation. I doubt we would win much but at least we would be in the 'cleaning this mess up' phase and out of the 'still making a mess' that has been Rhule's culture. If by the end of the year we know who is worth keeping and who is worth cutting bait on well that would be huge for the next staff. 

• Pie 1