• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is delusional

Mr. Scot

47 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I like the way they are doing it now but I’d just expand it to where the 17th game on the schedule is an international game for every team and add a second bye. 

give London 8 games

give Germany 4 games

give Mexico 2 games

give Canada 2 games 

It might be safe to assume that the next cba bargain between players and owners would be 18 games and 2 preseason games in exchange for pot no longer being a no-no, especially if the winds of change prevail at the Federal level. Teams could play 2 neutral site games every season, no longer lose a home game, and it could be staged in other locales beyond London and Mexico City. It would logistically take a lot of work to pull off, but the headaches would probably be worth the boon of opening new markets like Asia to the game.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, it failed for a reason. People don't want to watch a second rate feeder league and constantly lose their best players to the NFL.

Because it wasn’t the NFL…

European universities and sports work completely differently, so European countries aren’t setup to nurture people into the sport and coach them up while in eductation. Instead it’s people trying to make it on low wages and largely it’s people who work trying to get into a team. So simply it’s not a sustainable career when all fans will be spending their money on the NFL rather than support essentially and amateur American football team.

so the quality and infrastructure just doesn’t exist, it would never really work without a more direct connection to the NFL.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Considering the majority of the NFL players are African American and most of Europe in general is anything but fully welcoming to minority players (see bananas thrown on soccer fields) I can see how some players would just rather stay in the states and not uproot their families.

I’m in the UK and I can assure almost all of Western Europe (which is where the most fans are) have nowhere near the racial challenges the US does.

You can only be thinking of Eastern Europe singular examples such as in Russia, Belarus, Hungary etc. these counties have heavy presence of racism for sure. I do t think the NFL is considering them…

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, Urrymonster2 said:

I’m in the UK and I can assure almost all of Western Europe (which is where the most fans are) have nowhere near the racial challenges the US does.

You can only be thinking of Eastern Europe singular examples such as in Russia, Belarus, Hungary etc. these counties have heavy presence of racism for sure. I do t think the NFL is considering them…

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna992911

31 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Ok. The Carolina Panthers would like to support NFL Europe by sending them Matt Rhule to get the “Process” started. We’ll assign Matt his new responsibilities immediately, UK NFL should be ready in 7 years.

That would probably be considered an act of war.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

I could get used to 9:30 games in the morning. Beats having to watch talking heads bullpoo around all morning..

6:30 for me. Was listening to fantasy football guys podcast the other day and they were talking to a guy in Australia that gets up at 3am to set his fantasy lineup. Having to do Europe time zones, EST and PST would be a nightmare. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Urrymonster2 said:

This post is full of absolute bullshit.