• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Cam Newton wasn’t even the clear choice the year we drafted him. First round QB’s are a gamble, but you have a much better chance of finding your franchise guy in the draft over a QB in free agency or trade. We see how that has worked out since Cam for us 

It’s crazy how hard this is for some to understand. Legit crazy. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

41 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Mid-Level, Mid-Tier, Average, Middle of the Pack, majority 3-star, good every 10 years, never won a conference championship, somewhat competitive. Call it whatever you want, but they are the ones that consistently produce the bests QBs. And when they are good, it's because of those said top-tier QBs.

Patrick Mahomes - Texas Tech

Josh Allen - Wyoming

Justin Herbert - post-Chip Kelly Oregon

Lamar Jackson - Louisville

Aaron Rodgers - Cal

Most of the best QBs in the NFL currently don't fit that model and really only one of the best young ones do. Burrow and Brady. Brady is 45. Lawrence could put himself in that conversation soon too.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Patrick Mahomes - Texas Tech

Josh Allen - Wyoming

Justin Herbert - post-Chip Kelly Oregon

Lamar Jackson - Louisville

Aaron Rodgers - Cal

Most of the best QBs in the NFL currently don't fit that model and really only one of the best young ones do. Burrow and Brady. Brady is 45. Lawrence could put himself in that conversation soon too.

You forgot Matt "Rodgers 2.0" Corral on that list.

• Flames 2

3 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I have to admit, I was told this QB class was amazing, but truth be told I don’t see a clear Andrew Luck or Cam Newton. Bryce Young, smaller than Baker, pass. Will Levis, high upside but very questionable in clutch or high pressure moments.

CJ Stroud, his numbers look great but so did Justin Fields and Fields has looked awful. I have to be honest, I look at Corral and I look at this QB class, and the more I look the more I say we just roll with Corral next season and just draft BPA. 

Unless we have a shot at Stroud, I agree.  Bryce Young = Kyler Murray and he will have the same problems. Will Levis has that desired height (6'3") but he is a Penn State reject and Kentucky fans are sick of his constant mistakes (he cost them the Ole Miss game w/ poor decisions in the fourth quarter); he looks like a Carson Wentz type.  CJ Stroud looks like the real deal, but we know that is never guaranteed and OSU offense schemes leaves wr's running wide open and there will be a big difference in the nfl w/ very small windows. That's why Chicago was sucked into drafting  Fields.  I would still take Stroud if i could though.  I see him as a Trevor Lawrence type. Overhyped as a generational qb that will, nonetheless, end up being a solid starter (which i would kill for now).  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jaxel said:

To be clear, I don't think we should tank for that guy, but what I do think is we do whatever it takes to get him. Remember, the Chiefs traded up for Mahomes, the ravens traded up to get Jackson, the Bills traded up to get Allen. If your guy is there, go get him.

So you would rather give up precious capital instead of sacrificing meaningless wins in a lost season?

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The timing of that trade said a LOT IMO. The rumors cranked up hot and heavy following rookie mini-camp. I think the staff saw with their own eyes this guy was NOT playing as a rookie so unless they wanted to rely on Darnold and PJ they better do something. Anything.

They saw he wasn't playing as a rookie because they wouldn't let him practice as a rookie.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

College stats don't equal NFL success.

That isn't a compelling argument for Stroud over Fields.

I agree. But watching both play, i think stroud is the better prospect coming out. Stats aren’t THE reason, but i do think it does shows in the stats that he is better so i just chose to post that i guess.